Round 21 vs Canberra

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having the day of my life, we killed Canberra and I find out I'm going to be an uncle. Gunna be a hard day to beat lol.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hopefully Mahe can think back to this game and realise what he can do. Just let the game come to you and he'll be better for it. The only thing that worries me about him is his defence.

Great win today. More to do. B2B
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If Blair is out for a period of time, who comes in to left centre? And don't say O'Neill.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Congrats Matt.It is my wedding anniversary today so I can agree with you it is a great day.
First thing I said to my hubby today was we were going to smash the raiders today and then I wished him Happy Anniversary. :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav:
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Really impressed with the way Slater is playing these last few weeks. Running harder at the line than earlier in the season. I think he has learnt to deal with his knee that will never be 100%.
Rina
Squall
Squall

yourhero wrote:If Blair is out for a period of time, who comes in to left centre? And don't say O'Neill.
Can we keep Tohu there?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

A few thoughts now that I've calmed down from the high a little bit (take all week to calm down completely lol):

Surely Kenny Bromwich has done enough to keep his place for a few weeks this time.
Hopefully Maurice Blair recovers quick because we'll need him defensively in the next few weeks.
Is it possible for Waqa to get most improved again, he'd be close if he's eligible.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves with Fonua, he did some great things but, there were still some fundamental errors that scare me a little bit.
Harris in space is a scary proposition.
Chambers could well play left centre inside Fonua next week if Blair is not fit, he's a calming influence and could be the difference between good and terrible on that side.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Spot on with everything Matt.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

A big reason we dominated so thoroughly today.

38/41 completed sets (93%). Outstanding team effort.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I had something on this afternoon and just watched the replay. We were switched on from the start. I was concerned that our momentum might be halted by Maurice's injury. Thankfully it wasn't, Tohu was great when he came on. It was definitively Mahe's best game. Some of the involvement of Mahe and Sisa in the lead up to tries was great.

Jordan and Kenny looked good off the bench. Although I suppose it helps when we were up by so much. Finchy looked better today too.

All the best to Maurice.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Has anyone heard how blair is?
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

@MelbourneStorm
Early signs were good. We'll update how he recovers tomorrow RT @JonJcmcg: any news on Maurice Blair? #purplepride
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Mattpoet wrote:Has anyone heard how blair is?
At halftime they said the neck brace was just precautionary and that he is ok. By the sounds of things probably available next week??

Before he had even left the field Frank Ponissi was on the phone to club officials in Melbourne to get a message to his girlfriend that he is ok.
How good is that? I wonder if the same respect and courtesy is given by the Football Manager at other clubs.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Well what can I say, that was probably the best game I've seen the Storm play in the club's history. Forget the margin, it was the quality of how we attacked and defended our line whilst holding on to the ball and completing our sets. Mahe again shows signs of complete brilliance, but is still erratic in other areas. Hopefully he can get a few of the silly errors out of his game and work on his edge defence and he has the potential to be a quality first grade player whether it be on the wing or in the back row. All the best to Bobby Blair, and I really hope he recovers quickly from his injury and can get back in the side before the finals, as he has been a prolific try scorer for us this year. The way he fell in the tackle looked terrible, but it's extremely good news that he has not done any serious injury to his neck. Finchy had his best game for the year, as did the entire forward pack. Hoffy would have been close to Man Of The Match.

I really hoped Cam had kicked that field goal. Not only would it have been the first of his career, but it would have broken the record for the biggest winning margin in the club's history. Come on Cam, have another go sometime in the near future and break your duck for a field goal.
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Get around Mahe!

Forget the Inglis-esque bat back, that first try was fantastic! He deadset beat two and dragged another two over the line.
He didn't miss a beat in defense and he was solid under the high ball. It'll be interesting to see what Craig does next week. You can't drop a bloke after a game like that, and I wouldn't have O'Neill back in the centres again.

It's one thing to beat up Canberra which is something we've become quite proficient at over the last decade, it's another thing to take down South Sydney then Manly at Brookvale.

A big end to the season coming up. Fire up boys!