Round 21 vs Canberra

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Expect us to run with a similar side to the one that went down to the Warriors on Sunday. If there is one change it'll probably be Jordan McLean in at the expense of Slade Griffin.

We lost to Canberra earlier in the year so lets hope we can exact some revenge by inflicting their first home loss of the season on them this Sunday.

1. Billy Slater
2. Sisa Waqa
3. Will Chambers
4. Maurice Blair
5. Justin O'Neill
6. Brett Finch
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Bryan Norrie
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Ryan Hinchcliffe

14. Tohu Harris
15. Jason Ryles
16. Jordan McLean
17. Siosaia Vave
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

im thinking harris should start at lock and hinchy off the bench. have the big body in the middle to start off. would mean no griffen on the bench too
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Must win this one. And I agree, we need size.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

With 4 big guys on the bench, have we lost a game this year?
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

yourhero wrote:With 4 big guys on the bench, have we lost a game this year?
i dont think so

also i seen that tohu is 2nd for most tackle on 543 behind cam on 619. we need to give him more game time. he defends best in the middle
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

If we run the same side as round 20,with the same performance - Canberra by 20 :evil:
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Team announced;

1. Billy Slater
2. Sisa Waqa
3. Will Chambers
4. Maurice Blair
5. Justin O'Neill
6. Brett Finch
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Bryan Norrie
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Ryan Hinchcliffe

14. Jason Ryles
15. Tohu Harris
16. Siosaia Vave
17. Slade Griffin

Would have preferred McLean or Garbutt over Griffin. Hopefully we can start to find some form heading into the finals. We've got a bit of work to do to stay in touch with the top 4.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Griffin is wasted on the bench, we need to go large, c'mon Bellamy wake up. If you want the utility player, name Hinchy on the bench and Tohu at lock.

Must win.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ferguson not named for raiders, interesting
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

He's probably sporting a week long hangover....he did just catch up with his equally responsible mate duges the other day :)

I'm thinking the selection of griffin is a kind of insurance policy....the fear of losing cam to injury/suspension plays on my mind this time of year...maybe that's the thought process going on there. That said, it's obvious to all of us that we go better with bigs - so who knows why we don't get a big bad forward pack of a bench every week...Craig Only Knows!
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

KingHoweofIsrael wrote: I'm thinking the selection of griffin is a kind of insurance policy....the fear of losing cam to injury/suspension plays on my mind this time of year...maybe that's the thought process going on there. That said, it's obvious to all of us that we go better with bigs - so who knows why we don't get a big bad forward pack of a bench every week...Craig Only Knows!
Use Hinchy as back up for Cam if needed, Tohu to lock and another big bopper on the bench. There's no need for a another utility player in my opinion.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Completely agree - hinchy and harris between themselves are utility enough, just offering a possible scenario in which this selection may make sense on some level. Although, it still makes no sense as far as wanting to win games - i'd love to know the actual thought process...i hear there is an assistants job going at the storm next year - I might apply! Then we'll know for sure (or get our extra forward each week)
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Canberra Stadium to be a field of dreams this weekend

Not only will Josh McCrone remember running onto Canberra Stadium for his 100th NRL match this weekend, but the Raiders are inviting fans onto the ground this Sunday after the match against the Storm to pass the footy around and have a kick with family and friends.

At the conclusion of the Raiders v Storm match (Approx. 4.00pm), game day attendees will be given access to the playing field to interact with Raiders players who will be staying out on the ground to meet fans and sign autographs for a short period of time.

The Raiders will conduct their usual post-match presentations on-field this weekend, just prior to fans being allowed to enter the field of play. Fans are encouraged to stay around after the match and take advantage of this rare opportunity.

Raiders Halfback Josh McCrone said he hoped for a big home crowd this weekend, in his milestone match, and looked forward to mingling with the kids post-match.

“It’s shaping up to be a big day for the team as we look to stay unbeaten at home this year and for me personally I get to run out in front of my home fans an family in my 100th NRL match which is pretty special,” McCrone said. “We’ve been playing well at Canberra Stadium this year so hopefully we can get a huge crowd there on Sunday afternoon and keep our record intact with a win over Melbourne. I’d love to be high fiving kids after the match on the field”.

The Raiders Final Four packages are on sale now so fans have the chance to secure tickets to the Raiders final four home games of the season against the Storm, Bulldogs, Sea Eagles and the Sharks.

The final four packages provide huge savings, with junior tickets starting at just $5 per game!

Canberra Raiders media
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

nacho wrote:ferguson not named for raiders, interesting
Means nothing, I think he will be there, they can't afford him not to be, they really have to win this game as much as we do
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agreed, i think he'll play. Though either way and for no apparent reason i'm quietly confident of getting the chocolates this game.