Why we can't win the Premiership

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
actionman
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Souths, Roosters and Manly are playing better than us.

Simple really.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Your not even trying anymore.

Fail thread.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How many aliases is that now? 5 or 6? Hard to keep count.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

My favorite was the one before gets, can't think of his name. Was in his prime.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Geez, Cherry_Poopins really got a bucket full of sand in his vagina when he was finally banned for continuous trolling!

It's OK mate, Manly will make the 8! Then get bundled out by us again in another embarrassing hiding :lol:
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I actually thought actionman may have been robertutz (or whatever his name was).

Around this time last year we lost five in a row and went on to win the premiership. In our last game this season with our full side we defeated the Broncos 32 nil. I am fairly happy with how the team is travelling.
Rina
Squall
Squall

If I'm honest, I didnt think we'd reach the final last year and we did so I try to keep the final out of my thoughts.

As far as ladder positions go though, we have a tough few games coming up - especially considering Canberra's record at home and I'm not confident about us vsing the Warriors considering their revival. Our home game feature the rabbits too. Meanwhile, Manly have an easier run at the moment and could easily leap frog us if we're not careful.

Either way, and even if our team drifts to the bottom section of the final 8 I'm still supporting them ;)
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It is a tough run home, but, so was 2009...
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We just need hold onto a top 4 spot.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:We just need hold onto a top 4 spot.
I think we will... just.

Using the predictor on NRL.com I had us coming in 4th (being pretty pessimistic in my result estimation by the way), with the Bunnies 1st. The Minor Premiership could come down to Round 26 when the Bunnies face the Roosters.

Based on my estimates plugged into the predictor tool;

* I see us in Sydney week 1 of the finals taking on the Rabbits.

* If we lose week 1 but win our week 2 Semi, we would have a Sydney prelim against the scum, which would not be ideal.

* If we win week 1, we get the week off and a home Prelim against the Roosters.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Phil and the Daily telegraph had us finishing fourth and the SMH has us finishing three. I would like us to play the Roosters, I would love to beat them again and show them that they are not as good as they think they are.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

My opinion is now that the SOO series has done and dusted us again this season we will be BACK. We were in the same position last season and even up till the GF the commentators and so called experts gave us no chance of winning any of the games. The Sydney Storm were going to be too strong in the forwards for us and were going to smash us into submission. Score was 24-6 hahahaha :pottytrain2: :bootyshake:
the media gave us no chance against manly cos they were talented all over the park to hold us out. Score 40-12. manly were never in the game.
I didn`t even know we were in the GF cos we didn`t get any mention in the media as the dogs were red hot faves(or more wishful thinking I predict).Storm played a near as perfect game that any team had played. Score 14-4.Total for/against for Storm and dogs in final series were STORM..78/14 dogs52/32. As far as I can see we were comprehensive and clinical in the finals.
I have faith in my CHAMPION TEAM to do us proud again this finals series no matter what is thrown at us.
If we do/don`t win the GF nothing will compare to last years GF win. The last couple of minutes of that game I didn`t see as I had tears in my eyes as most Storm supporters will have had too and I was so proud of the efforts of all the team :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: :swav: .