Storm Cloud: Greed, Betrayal and Success

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And if POS is found to be a pivotal figure in all this then there is no way he should be allowed to keep his job at Easts.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cheers for the updates Glenn. Is this book released yet or did you get your hands on a copy early? I only ask because on a few websites it says the publishing date is August 1st.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I thought that too Ice, but I was Dymocks Knox looking for Craig's book and they had it. It was 29.99 and they had about six copies. I have finished it. The ''whistle blower" only gave the NRL the tip of the false invoices for the Olympic Park tent/entertainment. They had nothing else.

Also, a friend of a player in Sydney rang him a week before it broke and told him, there was no more betting on Storm to win the premiership in 2010. That was even before the email was sent to Storm telling them to come to Sydney with the books.

Lastly, Gallop helped in the deal to get GI to the Rabbits, not the Broncos. Interesting again.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 wrote:And if POS is found to be a pivotal figure in all this then there is no way he should be allowed to keep his job at Easts.
Ha! I initially read "POS" as 'Piece Of Shit'! :lol:
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Insomniac wrote:
LESStar58 wrote:And if POS is found to be a pivotal figure in all this then there is no way he should be allowed to keep his job at Easts.
Ha! I initially read "POS" as 'Piece Of Shit'! :lol:
LOL. I did the same, and thought he was referring to Gallop as the piece of shit.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Is now for sale at Kmart stores and it is only $21.00.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6687751022

Love the headline in the Telecrap.

Scum. Maybe they DO want people to read it!
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I still think this book is a few years premature. The real truth will possibly come out eventually. It's my understanding that this story is nothing new to what we've already heard and read, perhaps with a few more details of who was present in meetings, etc.
Would that be about right glennb?
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I wish it had waited a while, the heat has just died down re all that crap, and it will all be dredged up again, it is the top story on Fox sports, all about Inglis and the deal made with him and the promises Waldron made to him, just re lighting the old fire, and we don't need that right now
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Yes there is not a great detail more about the salary cap. Just what was actually guaranteed in the side letters and the how there was only (3) different contracts.

I really liked really about the early years, I did not know a lot about that. But the most amazing thing for me in the book, was when Waldron was doing dodgy deals with GI's contract. His manager apparently told Waldron that the NRL would never register a contract for $400K because his market value is a lot me. But the NRL did register the contract. In the book it says GI's manager could not believe the NRL did it.

The NRL was told he was $400k and they believe it and did not investigation. The player manager knew about what was registered and what his player was being paid. How is he allowed to still work for an agent in the NRL?

This is another person like O'Sullivan who should be out of the NRL, because they knew and have not been punished unlike the Storm
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

http://m.foxsports.com.au/story/league/1226688787023

Figured I'd drop this link to a brief excerpt from the book. To be honest, while it's an interesting little read - it raises more questions than answers for me (of course they might be answered in the following paragraph I guess..)

I will most likely purchase (or aquire it by other means...not sure if I feel like adding profit to this story, however small it may be)
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That irks me; that Waldron would blatantly say he'd been given carte Blanche by the NRL to keep him in the game.

lima lima lima duck fox sports. They can't even get the caption on the photo right. That's the 2009 preliminary final and NOT a regular season game in 2010.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Rose Madder wrote:I wish it had waited a while, the heat has just died down re all that crap, and it will all be dredged up again, it is the top story on Fox sports, all about Inglis and the deal made with him and the promises Waldron made to him, just re lighting the old fire, and we don't need that right now

I totally agree with you Rose.Why did they have to release the book now as we are getting ready for another finals campaign.Our CHAMPION TEAM will be under more pressure than any other club in the finals.This will really stir up opposition supporters. I feel sorry for my team and supporters this w/e in canberra.
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 2r2e4.html

Towards the bottom of the page...

Hart-ache v Bellyache
....Bellamy did not speak to Kennedy for the book, but Hartigan, former chief operating officer Peter Macourt and other News Ltd execs were more than willing to talk.
So more News Ltd truthful recollections - everybody but themselves!!! I was looking forward to reading this, maybe now I'll give it a miss.
Stormy wrote
Why did they have to release the book now as we are getting ready for another finals campaign.
That's exactly why it's been released now Stormy.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

waveydavey wrote:http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 2r2e4.html

Towards the bottom of the page...

Hart-ache v Bellyache
....Bellamy did not speak to Kennedy for the book, but Hartigan, former chief operating officer Peter Macourt and other News Ltd execs were more than willing to talk.
So more News Ltd truthful recollections - everybody but themselves!!! I was looking forward to reading this, maybe now I'll give it a miss.
Stormy wrote
Why did they have to release the book now as we are getting ready for another finals campaign.
That's exactly why it's been released now Stormy.
This worries me
as well as an email, copied to Bellamy, discussing the club's dire salary cap situation as early as 2007.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... z2am6hs2ZN