Round 18 - Bulldogs v Storm Sun 14 Jul 3pm at ANZ

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Based on how we played on Friday unless there are injuries or suspensions I assume we will only make changes due to Origin. So assuming the four boys get picked for Origin (although NSW lost so they may make some changes) and there are no injuries or suspensions, we will need to make four inclusions in the squad.

At this stage I think the four ins are likely to be:
Hampton, Fonua, Moors and Garbutt.

I have made these inclusions assuming Ben will play in the halves, Fonua on the wing with either Justin or Sisa at full back. With Cam and Hoffy out we need two forwards and with Hinchy and Slade already in the team we have ample cover for hooker. So I think Moors is the next cab off the rank. The second forward spot could be anyone's from Garbutt to Glasby to Kenny B to Setu or possibly even Dayne Weston.

The other alternative is for Sa'u to come into the team instead of Fonua and have Ben at full back and Blair in the halves (I hope this doesn't happen).

If Sisa is not fit that provides a whole new conundrum.

What does everyone else think?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kurt Mann may come in at fullback as he has been picked there in nsw cup a couple of times recently.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not confident at all for this one.

Just hope we name 2 halves that are actually halves and a fullback that's actually a fullback.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i like the idea of waqa at fullback, with his size running the ball back hard he would be a handfull for the defense
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

This could be a possibility, with an interesting move into the second row for Mahe Fonua, where I think he could end up playing in the future as I don't think he can make it as a winger.

1. Justin O'Neill
2. Sisa Waqa
3. Will Chambers
4. Maurice Blair
5. Junior Sa'u
6. Ben Hampton
7. Brett Finch
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Ryan Hinchcliffe (C)
10. Bryan Norrie
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Mahe Fonua
13. Tohu Harris

14. Jordan McLean
15. Mitch Garbutt
16. Junior Moors
17. Tim Glasby
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattstormy that is an interesting and reasonable line up. Probably too adventurous for Craig in terms of having Mahe in the second row.

A couple of omissions I wanted to highlight, surely Siosaia Vave keeps his spot in the team and we need Slade Griffin as cover for Hinchy at hooker.

Moors and Vave have spent some time in the second row in the NSW Cup perhaps one or the other might spend some time there on Sunday.

This will be a very tough ask, hopefully we are competitive like we were v Titans and the effort is there. Most of Bulldogs team will remain intact will players who are either Kiwis, English or unlikely to be picked for Origin such as Barba, Inu, Perrett, Tolman, Ennis, Graham, Pritchard, Eastwood, Williams, Kasiano etc.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Vave was good the other night, so I expect Bellamy to drop him :lol:

Wouldn't mind trying Sisa at fullback but he's just so good defensively on the wing. Hopefully if Juzzy does snag the fullback spot he wakes up a bit, not sure what it is but he hasn't really set the world on fire as we would have liked this season.

Sa'u on the wing scares the crap out of me.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Big no to O'Neill at fb. Has never impressed when he's gone back there.

Options would be to have Mann at 1 or put Hampton there, Blair to 6, and bring Sau into center.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

1 Waqa
2 Mann - ease him in onto the wing. Can hopefully spend some minutes at full back too.
3 Blair
4 Chambers
5 O'Neill
6 Hampton
7 Finch
8 Bromwich
9 Griffin
10 Norrie
11 Proctor
12 Harris
13 Hinchy
14 Fonua - can hopefully provide cover for Mann or even Hampton (with Blair going into halves) and also in backrow
15 Vave
16 McLean
17 Moors/Glasby/Garbutt/K-Brom/Setu - doesn't matter much, won't get huge game time.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Personally, I would like to see how Tonumaipeia would go, probably won't happen though.

Try this though:

1.Waqa
2.Tonumaipeia
3.Chambers
4.Blair
5.O'Neill
6.Hampton
7.Finch
8.J.Bromwich
9.Hinchcliffe (c)
10.Norrie
11.Proctor
12.Harris
13.K.Bromwich
14.Vave
15.McLean
16.Griffin
17.Auva'a (to play as a back rower and also provide cover in the backs should the need arise to shift Hamtpon to fullback and Blair into the halves - shudders - then Auva'a could move to the centres or onto a wing).
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

although i like to see waqa at FB, hampton played well at FB, i expect him to be there again this week.
fonua to the wing, juzzie into centre and blair to 5/8. they have all played there this year and/or last year.

i like to see moors start in the 2nd row and get 60 mins game time. what i have seen of him in nsw cup is he gets better the longer he plays, he has great movement, aggression and skill for a big fella.

1. hampton
waqa
chambers
oneill
fonua
6. blair
7. finchy
j brom
9. hinchy
norrie
proctor
moors
harris

vave
mclean
griffin
k brom
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'll be so mad if Bellamy names Blair at 5/8th :lol:
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

1. Ben Hampton/Mann
2. Sisa Waqa
3. Will Chambers
4. Maurice Blair
5. Justin O'Neil
6. Kurt Mann/Hampton
7. Brett Finch
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Ryan Hinchcliffe (C)
10. Bryan Norrie
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Junior Moors
13. Tohu Harris

14. Jordan McLean
15. Vave
16. Mitch Garbutt
17. Slade Griffen
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't care who plays as long as benny Mitch Slade and Jordan play ill be one happy storm chick
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I like the side this week. I was torn on pushing Waqa or O'Neill to fullback so was ok either way.

1. O'Neill
2. Waqa
3. Chambers
4. Blair
5. Fonua
6. Finch
7. Hampton
8. Bromwich
9. Hinchcliffe
10. Norrie
11. Proctor
12. Harris