Rd 15 vs Titans

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just awesome news. Congrats Hinchy... You will struggle to find another Storm player in history that gives more in every game.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Looking forward to seeing Ben debut this week.

Glad he is doing it with Finchy to. Cronk would over-call him too much whereas I reckon Brett will let him get a bit more ball.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

steaming stormer wrote:I thought Kenny might have got a run, but haven't seen the last couple of QCup games to see his form.
Excited to see Hampton get a run at 6 - give us a look at what our 5/8 for next year does in the top side.

I think Fonua might get a run at some stage in the second row. With his size and playing style, this is where he will be in the next couple of years anyway so might be an option, whilst providing coverage for the outside backs if something was to happen to the halves and Widdop is moved back up
Its mildly annoying to me the cs have been playing him as a winger and center since he finished playing SG Ball.

It was obvious to me where his future was and when they do move him it will take another 6 months for him to get comfortable in the role. So thats basically 2 and a half years of development wasted.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We are $3.30 outsiders in this one... Might be my purple goggles blinding me with bias, but that looks like exceptional value.

I know we have a horrible record when missing our Origin boys - Sterlo highlighted it at 30-odd percent - but for some reason I'm feeling good about this game.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:We are $3.30 outsiders in this one... Might be my purple goggles blinding me with bias, but that looks like exceptional value.

I know we have a horrible when missing our Origin boys - Sterlo highlighted it at 30-odd percent - but for some reason I'm feeling good about this game.
Strangely I am too :lol:

I'm confident in having 2 proper halves controlling things that we'll be able to post enough points to win.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We have options within the team if things aren't working too, I'm guessing that's the reason for Mahe's selection. We can move Hampton or one of the wingers to fullback and Fonua into the outside backs with either Widdop or Blair (although hopefully not as he's a centre not a 5/8) going into the halves and we can put either hinchy or griffin at hooker. I like the versatile look we have.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

im confident and excited about this game, i think storm by 24-20
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apparently benny didn't train today...whattttttt....isn't it ment to be the main session two days b4 the game eghhhh confused
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wonder if his hammy is playing up. Had it strapped last week in the Q cup. :(
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ok I misunderstood my friend...he was training
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Not even a thought of my CHAMPION TEAM losing this week. You will be able to sit back and relax Sallymay
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I can tell u who isn't playing NRL this weekend...Mahe is playing for easts tigers...I just saw him as I walked into langlands park
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Interesting, I wonder who comes in. Does anybody know if any of these guys played nsw/qld cup this weekend:

Moors
Vave
Weston
Setu
Glasby
K.Bromwich
Sa'u
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Knew it. Thanks Sally :)

I think Moors or Kenny come in. Need a backrower on the bench imo.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:Interesting, I wonder who comes in. Does anybody know if any of these guys played nsw/qld cup this weekend:

Moors
Vave
Weston
Setu
Glasby
K.Bromwich
Sa'u
Mattpoet according to team named earlier in the week and changes noted on Twitter: Sa'u, Setu, K Bromwich, Glasby and Fonua are all playing for Easts Tigers. Not sure who played for Sharks.