2014 Heritage Jersey voting

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

To me it's a no brainer, number 1 for sure, not quite as good as our first jersey it's very similar and should get the nod IMO. The yellow back in the day was polarizing to say the least, i think as many people liked it as what there were that disliked it. I didn't mind it. The number 2 was one of my least favorites and and am surprised it made the list to be honest.

If they had've put up the white away jersey we wore early in the piece (was it the first year when Nike produced them?) It's testing the memory but i think we only wore it a few times but it's right up there with the original as my favorite jersey.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Out of the voting list, I always had a soft spot for our Yellow Jersey (wore it once into the office on Casual Friday and people kept on asking if I was working on a construction site ;) )

One day I would like to see the Storm wear the VRL jersey as a heritage jersey and even the Storm Millennium Jersey too
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Number 1 for sure
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Actually, the years for the yellow and purple away jerseys are wrong. The Yellow Away Jersey was worn between 1999-2000 and made a cameo (or maybe appeared more than once, can't remember) in 2002. The Purple Away Jersey was worn between 2001-02 (and was the 2009 Heritage Jersey).

I reckon the yellow one should be the 2014 Heritage Jersey, since the 1999-2002 Home Jersey is very similar (apart from the white lightning bolts) to the 1998 jersey and we have already had the 2001-02 Purple Away Jersey as a Heritage Jersey.
Rina
Squall
Squall

I voted for the yellow - I see one guy at the game each week wearing it and I look on in absolute envy so I'd love the chance to own one myself.
The first jersey is wonderful too, I wish we would return to the bolt V being high up for our reglar jerseys because the style is just so nice to me.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

GO with something different. Yellow for me, then the purple one.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Should have the gold jersey as our permanent away jersey.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Millenium.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I voted for the purple one. While the 1999 jersey is our first premiership jersey, it's too similar to the current heritage jersey. I'm okay with the yellow one but I'd want us to wear the heritage jersey at home - we should only be wearing navy or purple at home. That leaves the purple alternate. I know that was the 2009 heritage jersey but I don't think that really matters. The Crown logo would slot in quite well so the design wouldn't be affected by that like the other two would.

The yellow will probably win.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Not the soccer strip (purple with lightning bolts). I reckon we had a lower success rate in that jersey than any other.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The old yellow away jersey definately has more of a retro feel to it than the purple one.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The ORIGINAL white Nike design from 1998 8)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bourbon Rat wrote:The ORIGINAL white Nike design from 1998 8)
Yep, that's the one i was alluding to in my previous post. Brilliant jersey that one.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Ice wrote:
Yep, that's the one i was alluding to in my previous post. Brilliant jersey that one.
Don't think it ever went on public sale ?
We had no 'Official' away jersey for season 1998 & the stated reason for that white top was a game played in Townsville,(to compensate for the heat).Had a pic taken from the Herald Sun of Wayne Evans wearing the white jersey,but can't find it now :'(
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Bourbon Rat wrote:
Ice wrote:
Don't think it ever went on public sale ?
We had no 'Official' away jersey for season 1998 & the stated reason for that white top was a game played in Townsville,(to compensate for the heat).Had a pic taken from the Herald Sun of Wayne Evans wearing the white jersey,but can't find it now :'(
The 1998 white jersey was never released as a replica (a *very* few fortunate people have original players jerseys signed by the wearer). However, a limited edition replica of the original white was released a couple of years back.
Here's the only pick I can find online: White