Rd 14 vs Knights

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think Blair is a decent player when he isn't in the halves :)
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think a lot of the discontent re: Blair a month or so ago was because he was used two weeks in a row off the bench with minimal impact. I think there was as much frustration with Bellamy's team selections as there was with Blair. Blair is definitely a better centre than he is a half or second rower. His defence as a centre is magnificent and he can find the try line too.!
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I really hope Craig doesn't move Blair into the halves during the two Origin depleted games against the Titans and Bulldogs. He is a centre and that's where he should stay for the remainder of his career. Look at how good his form has been since he made the move there against Manly.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mattstormy wrote:I really hope Craig doesn't move Blair into the halves during the two Origin depleted games against the Titans and Bulldogs. He is a centre and that's where he should stay for the remainder of his career. Look at how good his form has been since he made the move there against Manly.
I hope you are right mattstormy. I would think that Widdop will move back to full back and Hampton and Finch should be the halves.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It wont make any sense to move him into the halves. But I have a weird feeling he will be.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Personally I think Widdop would stay at 6. Finch most likely to play 7 and then probably O'Neil at fullback with Fonua to return to the wing.
Or perhaps even leave O'Neil on the wing and promote someone else to fullback?
I doubt Craig will repeat the mistakes of last year by covering fullback at the expense of the halves.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

IMO Bellamy made things worse for the team last year by playing Blair and Kostjasy in the halves. Both players aren't playmakers and it made things tough on everybody. Moving Widdop to fullback was fine because he was basically a Slater clone.

Blair is always a possibility to play in the halves but he's playing too well in the centres to move. I think Bellamy will go with Hampton/Widdop/Finch/Hinchy as the spine and keep everyone around them the same.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

what about this backline:

1.Waqa
2.Fonua
3.Blair
4.Chambers
5.O'Neill
6.Widdop
7.Finch
with Hampton off the bench
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:what about this backline:

1.Waqa
2.Fonua
3.Blair
4.Chambers
5.O'Neill
6.Widdop
7.Finch
with Hampton off the bench
Another solid option. Which I think most of them are when we play Finch and Widdop in the halves. My thoughts with Hampton at fullback gives us another Slater type playmaker for us. Playing Sisa/Juzzy at the back might hinder the outside backs. Having a playmaking fullback there will help with that. Remember last year how many set plays got screwed because Duffie couldn't link the halves to the outside backs ?

Just my thinking anyway.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I have always wanted to see O'Neill get a run at FB but considering we only just settled the backline, significant positional changes should be avoided where possible.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Looks like its heritage jeresy time for this game, kind of odd to have another different style jeresy two weeks running - but the original storm style jeresy is still my favourite - bring back the collars I say!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think Sisa could ball play as a fullback which is why I would like to see it happen, probably won't though
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

KingHoweofIsrael wrote:Looks like its heritage jeresy time for this game, kind of odd to have another different style jeresy two weeks running - but the original storm style jeresy is still my favourite - bring back the collars I say!
Heritage jersey is my favourite too and I think it should be our home jersey.

I think its 3 weeks in a row we are wearing a different jersey at home. Not sure if I like that or now.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

4 - regular home, women in league, superman, heritage, pick one ffs!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well now I'm totally confused...Vave and moors are playing nsw cup...who the hell is coming back in in place of moors