Rd 14 vs Knights

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I reckon Finch will play tomorrow.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:IMO Bellamy made things worse for the team last year by playing Blair and Kostjasy in the halves. Both players aren't playmakers and it made things tough on everybody. Moving Widdop to fullback was fine because he was basically a Slater clone.

Blair is always a possibility to play in the halves but he's playing too well in the centres to move. I think Bellamy will go with Hampton/Widdop/Finch/Hinchy as the spine and keep everyone around them the same.
The difference between Hampton and Blair and Kostjasyn is that Hampton is a legitimate half whereas the other two aren't.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:Well now I'm totally confused...Vave and moors are playing nsw cup...who the hell is coming back in in place of moors
Sallymay maybe Garbutt, Glasby or even Weston are playing tomorrow. Did Weston play NSW Cup? Who else played NSW Cup?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Weston played NSW cup today...donno about Glasby or Garbutt but I wouldn't be surprised actually I'd be happy if Mitch got a go
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kenny Bromwich would have to be a shot too I'd reckon
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hopefully Garbutt. We look good with a big bench.
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I see to remember an official release during the week about how good Garbutt and others were playing and demanding a NRL game with their good form (sorry I'm not looking for a link)

I also think that Garbutt and Finch will get game time this week
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I maybe a like bit of a storm nut but east tigers just put up a pic celebrating a players birthday (team all travelled to rockhampton today) mitch Garbutt and Ben hamptons in the photo...so that rules mitch out
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

were glasby or kenny there?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Neither
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Finch didn't play NSWCup yesterday. I wonder whether he'll be included in today's lineup to give him a bit of NRL conditioning before next week's game?
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Go Storm wrote:Finch didn't play NSWCup yesterday. I wonder whether he'll be included in today's lineup to give him a bit of NRL conditioning before next week's game?
Makes sense to me.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I really don't want Finch to come in just for the sake of giving him a game. Our last 2 games imo have been our best two games of the season, I see no reason why it should change.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ok so I tried to buy a Mitch Garbutt badge today to be ready for his debut in a few week well apparently I'm too late...his whole family are here and have brought every single badge from both merch stores and the store at AAMI park also I was told the took the 10 they had at swan st too

I was told he is run on debuting today

Even when I'm not being sneeky I find out info...go me
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

sallymay wrote:Ok so I tried to buy a Mitch Garbutt badge today to be ready for his debut in a few week well apparently I'm too late...his whole family are here and have brought every single badge from both merch stores and the store at AAMI park also I was told the took the 10 they had at swan st too

I was told he is run on debuting today

Even when I'm not being sneeky I find out info...go me
Good on you scoop. And good on Mitch's family and friends.
Go hard Mitch. And GO STORM !!