Man of Steel Jersey

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Obvious likeness between Cam and Clarke Kent. I detect an "event" jersey in our future similar to the Dark Knight Rises one. Missed the DKR one so will get a Man of Steel one for sho!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I liked the Batman jersey and I'm not necessarily opposed to the idea of one-off jerseys - but come on now. It's starting to get a bit ridiculous now. This year we've got home, away, heritage, WCC, Women in League and (I'm assuming) Battle and Indigenous jerseys. If we're wearing a Superman jersey next week - that's just too many. I remember reading (or hearing - it might have been in one of the videos) someone from the club say that these special jerseys help build the club's identity. Nonsense. It dilutes it. Ugh.

One home, one away/clash, one heritage. Any others on top of that must be the same design as one of those three with slightly modified colours (ie. our home jersey with that pinkish-purple Women in League colour in place of the purple or metallic silver lightning bolts for the battle jersey).
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I hope so! I liked the DKR one as well but a Superman one sounds intriguing. Fingers crossed it is a decent design, if so, sign me up for one!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I can actually see them doing an exact replica of Henry Carvill's Superman shirt in a jersey to the point where they can have the big S on the chest between the storm and nrl logos. Put Kooga on the shoulders like ISC and Blades do. Red collar and red trim on sleeves and Man of Steel at the bottom rear of the jersey. Of course the Crown logo would ruin it but I could just be reaching!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I hate these one off jerseys tbh. Just seems tacky.

Give me a home, away/alternate and a heritage jersey and I'd be happy.

I want our jerseys to be a symbol of the Storm, recognisable in 20-25 years, much like Easts, Souths jerseys. I just don't feel our current jerseys do that let alone these one off movie/charity ones.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pick and stick! I wore my 2008 jersey the other week and someone asked me what team it was. Fair enough too, we've changed it at least 3 time since!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Warner bros. Would be paying Storm at least six figures for a one off you would think? It's money in the bank and anything that helps the club turn a profit is not a bad thing...
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

LESStar58 wrote:Warner bros. Would be paying Storm at least six figures for a one off you would think? It's money in the bank and anything that helps the club turn a profit is not a bad thing...
Totally agree :thumbup:

I think it is only us (Dark Knight), the Bulldogs (Avatar) and West Tigers (Skyfall) that get these special movie tie-ins. There might be others but I can't recall.

I do hope we do get a MoS Jersey this year.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullfilth had star wars as well.
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

OMG he is gorgeous :love4:
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Revealed :-D

blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

:lol:

So nice of Crown to fit their logo in differently.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Someone took my advice apparently....well, kinda.

There's a better pic on rugby fevers facebook.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

don't the bunnies get some from russell crowe movies?