ORIGIN I

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NSW Team:

1.Hayne
2.B.Morris
3.Jennings
4.J.Morris
5.Ferguson
6.Maloney
7.Pearce
8.Gallen (c)
9.Farah (vc)
10.Tamou
11.Hoffman
12.Lewis
13.Bird
14.Fifita
15.Gidley
16.Merrin
17.Watmough
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Congrats to Hoffy. Hope he proves the doubters wrong in a losing effort.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Congrats to Hoffy. Not a great surprise though because Laurie Daley loves Hoffy.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So Widdop to fullback, Finch to pivot and captain.

I had high hopes for Chambers to get the nod. He would have been devastating with Ingliss. Also, Boyd injured but still named. Id expect Juzzy to be on standby for him.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I hope Juzzy comes in for Boyd too. But have a weird feeling Ash Graham is going to be selected.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Congrats to Hoffy. Hope he proves the doubters wrong in a losing effort.
Ditto. Well deserved and I hope he is the only NSW player that has a good game.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

O'Neill does not deserve to be selected.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

While I enjoy watching Origin, call me selfish but for me the less Storm players in the teams the better. While I go for QLD I have no allegiance towards them and don't really care either way who wins being a Victorian. All I care about is the Storm and how it affects us in regard to injury, like Bill having to miss about 7 games and extra games the boys have to play. Lets hope they all get through unscathed.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Juzzy's on standby to make his Origin debut for Queensland after Darius Boyd suffered an ankle injury today.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Looks like Cronk out,DCE in for QLD

NSW deserves to lose for starting with a bog
average player over a pocket battleship
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

lol, not sure if trolling........i wouldn't bank on cronk getting any time on the sidelines for that (though, stranger things have happened..)

I don't think juzzy should be next in line, but that said, I've no doubt he can get the job done and be a part of the greatest origin side ever (qld will win again!)

nsw are kidding themselves with that team, I don't understand how they select, surely by now form would have to be their main criteria to end their losing steak (at least they picked fifita, that guy has been beasting!) If I was selecting both my halves would have the same surname (reynolds) merritt would get a run too...i just reckon he would have the best game(s) of his career if he was afforded an opportunity to play origin. I'd also want to put ferguson in the centres (the other good selection they made) and pair him with idris - gotta stop inglis/hodges. Beyond that probably some minor changes to the forwards/bench (4x forwards on the bench) ***just to clarify, I actually wouldn't change much from their side...definitely would drop the halves and gidley and jennings - maybe one or two more if I were to really go over it.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Ice wrote:While I enjoy watching Origin, call me selfish but for me the less Storm players in the teams the better. While I go for QLD I have no allegiance towards them and don't really care either way who wins being a Victorian. All I care about is the Storm and how it affects us in regard to injury, like Bill having to miss about 7 games and extra games the boys have to play. Lets hope they all get through unscathed.
.My opinion totally but I do enjoy nsw getting beaten. why do nsw persist in kurt giggles I don`t get it,he was the captain last year and he started on the bench.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Ice wrote:While I enjoy watching Origin, call me selfish but for me the less Storm players in the teams the better. While I go for QLD I have no allegiance towards them and don't really care either way who wins being a Victorian. All I care about is the Storm and how it affects us in regard to injury, like Bill having to miss about 7 games and extra games the boys have to play. Lets hope they all get through unscathed.
.My opinion totally but I do enjoy nsw getting beaten. why do nsw persist in kurt giggles I don`t get it,he was the captain last year and he started on the bench.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

sorry about the double post,jetlagged and computer slow. :lol:
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormy wrote:
Nope. 2010 was that series where he came off the bench. Gallen had captained since 2011.