Cameron Smith

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Maybe we should start up a child-minding roster to help out the Smith family
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

3 year deal to finish his career would be lovely. Not concerned of him going elsewhere although I do think if it isn't done asap the media will have a field day with it.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Cam will sign on until the end of 2016 I reckon (that's when Coops' contract ends) along with Billy (who at the end of 2015 is off contract and will probably sign a one year extension which will take him to 2016). That will take Billy and Cam to 33 and Coops to 32 (his birthday is in December). I reckon all three of them will retire together in what will be the tenth anniversary of the start of the club's success and also since they all started playing in their respective positions together (as Coops started playing halfback in 2006). Also, Bellyache also comes off contract in 2016 and will probably retire with them.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I also forgot to mention Hinchy, he also comes off contract in 2016. He'll be almost 32 then and could possibly retire along with Bellyache, Cam, Billy and Coops.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Not looking forward to that day when they all retire - but Storm will go on
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

mystormboys wrote:Not looking forward to that day when they all retire - but Storm will go on
When that day comes the next generation will already have been blooded & will be standing by :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'm fairly sure that at least two of them will stay at the club in some capacity after they retire anyway.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:3 year deal to finish his career would be lovely. Not concerned of him going elsewhere although I do think if it isn't done asap the media will have a field day with it.

I agree, i don't think there's much chance he'll play elsewhere.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm not so optimistic. I think he'll go but where to? Broncos have McCullough. Titans likely but how they'd fit him under the cap with the practicality all representative pack is beyond me.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Would top it right off if it was the Rabbitohs
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

The whole point is that their extended family's are in Brisbane, so if he didn't move to Brisbane what would be the point in moving
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Go Storm wrote:The whole point is that their extended family's are in Brisbane, so if he didn't move to Brisbane what would be the point in moving
Was meant in humour
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

mystormboys wrote:
Go Storm wrote:The whole point is that their extended family's are in Brisbane, so if he didn't move to Brisbane what would be the point in moving
Was meant in humour
Yeah I sort of realised that, but after reading Titans mentioned above and then remembering the likes of DJ and others leaving when we thought they never would, I got a bit emotional. I mean, I don't know what I'd do if my man-crush Smithy was ever to leave us.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm wrote:I mean, I don't know what I'd do if my man-crush Smithy was ever to leave us.
Won't happen. Can't.

Smith is the Melbourne Storm. For all the glitz and Glamour of Slater and sometimes Cronk's games, it is Smith that drives us to success. Smart footballing brain doesn't do him justice. He is brilliant. And worth every cent of whatever ridiculous price tag he ends up getting.

There is zero chance we will let him go. Frank and co wouldn't allow it. He is too important.