Is our recruiting letting us down?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I think Blair will be good for a cheap price..I think if we spend 50-100k on him as a front rower he will be good. You have to remember EVERYONE at the tigers is playing shit, blair isn't a one man team..he can't make up for all the downfalls of the current wests players. With a soli team around him he will be able to focus on his game and TBH when he was playing for us he would take max 7-10 hit ups a game anyway and only ever made 70-90 metres tops..he isn't a work horse, but he can provide impact of the bench. He will be a good signing but I suspect he will go to england now and play there..he won't come back to us
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

scriptyx wrote:I think Blair will be good for a cheap price..I think if we spend 50-100k on him as a front rower he will be good. You have to remember EVERYONE at the tigers is playing shit, blair isn't a one man team..he can't make up for all the downfalls of the current wests players. With a soli team around him he will be able to focus on his game and TBH when he was playing for us he would take max 7-10 hit ups a game anyway and only ever made 70-90 metres tops..he isn't a work horse, but he can provide impact of the bench. He will be a good signing but I suspect he will go to england now and play there..he won't come back to us
IMHO...Blair would easily get 200K at another NSW club...no way he would take 50K - 100K at Storm
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

yeah i wouldnt pay more than 150k for blair, any more than that and your pouring money down a rat hole..
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote: IMHO...Blair would easily get 200K at another NSW club...no way he would take 50K - 100K at Storm

Blair will still get what he receives at the Tigers regardless of where he plays so he won't end up out of pocket in any way. If we got him for 50K-100K it would mean the Tigers would have to supplement the rest (350K-$400K if he's on the reported $500K there) and make up the shortfall. I highly doubt the Tigers will pay that much for a player not on their books.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mattystorm1987 wrote:yeah i wouldnt pay more than 150k for blair, any more than that and your pouring money down a rat hole..
If you take into consideration match payments, that wouldn't be far from the mark of "minimum NRL wage".

Still probably too much for Blair.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:
mattystorm1987 wrote:yeah i wouldnt pay more than 150k for blair, any more than that and your pouring money down a rat hole..
If you take into consideration match payments, that wouldn't be far from the mark of "minimum NRL wage".

Slightly harsh lol
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote:
yourhero wrote:

Slightly harsh lol
Blair has to think at wests
At Melbourne he had a job to do
He needs specific,direct instructions

Melbourne should offer him $250k and tell him his job and he'd be playing like a $500k player
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

It would be disappointing if we let go of some decent forwards for Blair. There's not doubt he will have to take a pay cut on his next contract or if he's released from the Tigpies, but I reckon if (and I really hope not) he signs for the Storm, he will not come too cheaply.

If what has been said in another thread about Bryan Norrie asking for around $300k (after his NRL career looked done and dusted only three-four years ago and is not playing as well as he did for us circa 2010-11), surely a NZ Test player in Adam Blair (even though currently out of form) is worth the same or more than that.