Return to Saturday arvo?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

This from the SMH today "Fairfax Media understands there have also been talks about the Storm filling the now-vacant Saturday afternoon slot on several occasions towards the end of the regular season"

Now i know everyone's circumstances are different given there's a bit going on Saturday arvo's and it won't be a popular idea for some but what are your thoughts on it? For me personally i'm fine with it as it doesn't really clash with anything i do. Of course i wouldn't want it to be the majority of game but i'm all for it even if it's only a couple times a season. I'd much rather that slot than a Sunday/Monday night.

Given the fixture is set until round 20 there's only 3 chances for it to happen at home against the Rabbit (R22) Eels (R24) and Tits (R26) I think it's odds on the The Rabbits game will be a Friday night/Sunday 9 game so i wouldn't mind seeing one or both the games in that slot. If only as a test to see how people react to it, if it doesn't work as well as hoped then no real harm done but if it does it could have untapped potential.

I know we had a heap of them in our earlier days but the club have come a long long way since then and i think it has the potential to work if done properly.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Disgraceful.

The fact we are reigning premiers and are yet only entitled to a solitary FNF home game is bad enough.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We all know who runs the NRL in regards to scheduling and its not the NRL.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

As I work rotating shift work it's completely random as to which timeslot suits, I often have to arrange swaps to attend all home games.
But as my young daughter loves to come with me I detest Thursday, Sunday and Monday night games because she can't come with me.
If I had a choice it'd be Sunday arvo, but we hardly get any daytime games
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

A 17.30 kick off on a Saturday would be ideal for the Storm as it doesn't clash with a 14.30 AFL game or the latter 19.30 game so it wouldn't dilute our crowd who both support the Storm and their respective AFL Club.

If they are talking about the 15.30 timeslot, this would be detrimental as demonstrated a few seasons ago.

Too many park football/ ammos would still be half way through their own games at that time.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

even 5.30 is a struggle. The VRL changed fixtures this year so all games are Saturday's, so with first grade kicking off at 3 most weeks, that takes quite a few people away, as it's not only those playing VRL games, but their families as well quite likely
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I agree that 5.30 is also a struggle. In regards to the VRL as SS mentioned but also the Aussie Rules local comps around as well. I follow the Northern Football League and while i'd always put a Storm game as priority over anything else as we all would here, there's little chance the more casual supporter would get there on the 5.30pm games given most games finish near 5pm these days.
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

It wouldn't be good for The Storm, but the NRL don't care about that so it will more than likely happen, I really don't think it is a good time for any club, especially on a regular basis, there a lot of people who cannot make it for that time slot, working in retail makes it absolutely impossible and there a lot of people out there who work in retail!!!