5/8 options for 2014

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

chad townsend - I think he would fit in down here and with carney signing long term I cant see him playing 1st grade at sharks so come on down!!!!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't really like many of the halves around the league. I was thinking of Tyrone Roberts the other day and how'd fit in our team. Kid is a really talented playmaker and is solid defensively, also can kick goals. But he's signed up until 2014 and I expect his role to increase once Buderus and Gidley move on.

Have heard good things about the young Souths half Luke Keary.

Other than that Foran would be amazing on our team but doubt he'd ever leave Manly now.

In house still is the best option. Cheaper too.
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I think we had both Foran brothers in our reserves didn't we??? We also had Jimmy Maloney but he didnt fit our structured style of play.
Faider
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

James Maloney was in our Under 20's Premiership winning team in 2009, i think we opted for Widdop instead ( that clearly worked :P )
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Maloney was not a part of our 20's as he came from Wentworthville and the only Foran we had was Liam, who was let go prior to the 09 NYC season.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Faider wrote:James Maloney was in our Under 20's Premiership winning team in 2009, i think we opted for Widdop instead ( that clearly worked :P )
Nah he wasn't. We signed him from Wentworthville IIRC. Played a few games for us but then we signed up Finch which we know lead us to the 2009 GF.
Faider
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

sorry my bad i swear i saw him in the U20's i got him mixed up with Kelly who now plays for the Eels.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Under 20s premiership halves were kelly and chisholm
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:
Faider wrote:James Maloney was in our Under 20's Premiership winning team in 2009, i think we opted for Widdop instead ( that clearly worked :P )
Nah he wasn't. We signed him from Wentworthville IIRC. Played a few games for us but then we signed up Finch which we know lead us to the 2009 GF.
I remember watching him in the 09 NSW cup grand final which went into golden point, and the amount of missed field goal attempts was hilarious. Between Maloney and the other team kicker it was like a comedy. In the end they scored in the corner off what was a scrubbed drop goal attempt. Not long after we signed him! Certainly wasn't for his drop goal ability! :lol:
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

he went top to a new level when he went to warriors, he didn't seem to gel with Cronk because Cronk wanted control to much..
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hampton's moved to five-eight in recent weeks so I'd say that's an indication that he's been earmarked by Bellamy as Widdop's replacement.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

steaming stormer wrote:
blazza18 wrote:
I remember watching him in the 09 NSW cup grand final which went into golden point, and the amount of missed field goal attempts was hilarious. Between Maloney and the other team kicker it was like a comedy. In the end they scored in the corner off what was a scrubbed drop goal attempt. Not long after we signed him! Certainly wasn't for his drop goal ability! :lol:
lol I remember that as well, as that drop goal athon was going on my mate goes storm signed him, FMD WTF FOR lol now I wish we kept him
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

scriptyx wrote:he went top to a new level when he went to warriors, he didn't seem to gel with Cronk because Cronk wanted control to much..
Yep exactly. That's why a ball running 6 is the best fit for our team.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

scriptyx wrote:I think we had both Foran brothers in our reserves didn't we??? We also had Jimmy Maloney but he didnt fit our structured style of play.
Liam was at Melbourne and played a couple games of first grade,he's in his element over in England because
its about as impressive as reserves in NSW,i think that he suffers from a complete lack of any
skill whatsoever but he is ex Melbourne so maybe thats where the problem lies,he's more of a halfback anyway
so Cronk would need to run A LOT more

Keiran came through the ranks in NYC at Manly and is a north shore junior so South Sydney would
be closer than anyone else because of their relationship with Norths,but IMO they can go fornicate
with a deceased equine,he's ours and a future captain,possibly by himself but personally i'd like to
see him share captaincy with DCE due to him being awesome,haircut and all

Maloney is closer to a livewire lock than a half of any kind and he gifted us a premiership with his
goalkicking so im a big fan,at least he can tackle and i think he has matured into a player who would
do good at Melbourne,if i was recruiting for melbourne i'd have a look at a Travis Burns,your team needs
a good dose of douchebaggery,i know you have Cameron Smith and Slater but i think that the side could
be lifted with a little more bravado,i have big raps on him for his heart and while he isn't the archetypal
half as far as kicking skills go he more than makes up for it in defensive aggression and pride,plus with Smith
and Cronk your covered for kickers anyway

Every side needs a good dose of prick,we have Gift,Skivvy and Choc but they are absolute professionals at
the niggle and better than anything else all opposition fans have beef with them making them all the more
delectable,i think every team with the chance to succeed needs a few absolute pricks and thats something you
lost when Blair met his Kerry Packer
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone