STORM vs Raiders Rd 8

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I would drop O'Neil before Founa. He missed so many tackles tonight and two of them were tries. Ben Ikin said of Fox Sports News that Craig spoke to the players on the ground after the match. I did see the circle of players and thought they stayed out there for a long time. But Craig does not usually address the team on the ground. Did Ikin get it right?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote:I would drop O'Neil before Founa. He missed so many tackles tonight and two of them were tries. Ben Ikin said of Fox Sports News that Craig spoke to the players on the ground after the match. I did see the circle of players and thought they stayed out there for a long time. But Craig does not usually address the team on the ground. Did Ikin get it right?
In the post match press conference Smithy said that he addressed the boys on the field after the game. I don't think Bellamy was there but can't be sure.

Smith made it clear he definitely did not call that Widdop kick and was very disappointed that it happened.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Also, Mahe dropped that bomb but otherwise I think he was very good. He runs with more effort than anyone else in the team. His hard run and quick play the ball in about the 60th minute put us on the front foot and directly lead to a try.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tohu Harris - 114 metres (most of any Storm forward), 37 tackles, 0 missed tackles, 0 errors, 0 penalties conceded.

Total workhorse and another huge game. Great effort big fella!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

yourhero wrote:Tohu Harris - 114 metres (most of any Storm forward), 37 tackles, 0 missed tackles, 0 errors, 0 penalties conceded.

=D>
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

yourhero wrote:Also, Mahe dropped that bomb but otherwise I think he was very good. He runs with more effort than anyone else in the team. His hard run and quick play the ball in about the 60th minute put us on the front foot and directly lead to a try.
Yeah, I've been defending Fonua every week. His strong running and enthusiasm does outweigh his errors. Upon watching the replay I can clearly see that O'Neil was definately the weak link out there tonight.
I hope it's something that can be quickly dealt with because that sort of performance should not be allowed to be repeated.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:Tohu Harris - 114 metres (most of any Storm forward), 37 tackles, 0 missed tackles, 0 errors, 0 penalties conceded.

If it wasn't for George Burgess, Tohu would be rookie of the year at this stage.

He looks better and better every week.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm not too fussed. O'Neil had a shocker, Widdop wasn't at his best but its Round 8. We were playing worse than this past round 20 last season.

No use dropping blokes over 1 performance. If they're doing this in round 22-26 I'll be fuming but for now I'll enjoy first place.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

bula wrote:I'm not too fussed. O'Neil had a shocker, Widdop wasn't at his best but its Round 8. We were playing worse than this past round 20 last season.

No use dropping blokes over 1 performance. If they're doing this in round 22-26 I'll be fuming but for now I'll enjoy first place.
I agree with you, and I've calmed down a bit since my earlier post. However, we have a proven champion 5/8 playing his heart out each week in the NSW Cup. 3 mins of first grade isn't much of a reward for such effort.
And then we have an average 5/8 who try's and is improving, but is poor in defence, has an ordinary kicking game and had a couple of brain explosions tonight which may or may not have cost us the game.
It's worth the experiment to see how Finchy goes. And equally it may teach Widdop some maturity and composure, and not hope for miracles to happen.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:If it wasn't for George Burgess, Tohu would be rookie of the year at this stage.
Statistically speaking, there has been a number of weeks this year where Tohu outperformed George Burgess..

According to the Rugby League Week Players Poll 2013 just conducted, these were the results to the question, "Who is the best new face to the NRL?"...

George Burgess - 31%
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck - 28%
Edrick Lee - 10%
David Klemmer - 6%

Tohu didn't rate a mention :lol:
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Absolutely dreadful effort in defence, as per usual Blake Ferguson just creams us every time. David Furner sure knows how to coach against us, as I've said earlier in this thread I don't know why people give him such a bad rap as a coach. If he coached a consistent side unlike Canberra, he would be an absolute master coach. It certainly has shown for the last three years when we have played Canberra at AAMI Park. Just a few line breaks and wide runs sure had us on the back foot most of the game.

I'm surprised we scored the same amount of tries as the Raiders, but Cam's goal kicking was the difference, even worse they had their first choice kicker out injured who is a gun (Jarrod Croker), yet Blake Ferguson kicks 4/4 (including a few from the sideline). Mahe had an absoulte Barry Crocker (he is destined for the NSW Cup, also his future isn't on the wing - he plays like a centre/back rower), and his two dropped balls that led to Raiders tries were inexcusable. He is erratic and needs a rocket fired up him.

Widdop was pathetic, I hope Bellyache drops him on the back of his kick on the first tackle off the scrum with only a couple of minutes to go. Him signing for with the Dreelers has taken his confidence away completely and is making wild decisions (his pass to Waqa so close to the sideline which led him getting bundled into touch was a very poor one).

Another thing, why did Finchy come on so late in the game, if he had have come on about 15 minutes earlier, that could have made a huge impact on the game. If you're going to have him in the side, it needs to be for a purpose.

I know the Storm had to lose one eventually, but that was a pitiful display and was completely un-Melbourne like.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

oh well raiders won, lets face it even a blind monkey finds a banana every now and then...
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Would you people eat your young so fast if they made a mistake? probably by the goings
on in this thread,a half made a dumb mistake at an awful time,but so did Cronk seconds
earlier,his kick was raiders Orford-esque,but he is allowed to do that because his not leavin
yeah?

I seen a certain someone make a dumb choice last week but im not glad he's leaving
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Wow can`t believe it. Just got back to my apartment in Paris to find out my CHAMPION TEAM lost to the raiders.WHATTHA??? Has spoilt my day I must say. I think I am the jinx as it is the second time I have been overseas and the raiders have beaten us.I promise I will pick a different time next year.The reffing seemed to be a bit lop sided against Storm.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

stormy wrote:Wow can`t believe it. Just got back to my apartment in Paris to find out my CHAMPION TEAM lost to the raiders.WHATTHA??? Has spoilt my day I must say. I think I am the jinx as it is the second time I have been overseas and the raiders have beaten us.I promise I will pick a different time next year.The reffing seemed to be a bit lop sided against Storm.
yep u will have to wait until next year's schedule is out before u book anymore trips, try and go around origin and bye's or off season lol