Round 7 - ANZAC Day Clash Storm vs Warriors - 25/04 @ 7:00pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nice!

So pumped for this match. Always one of my favourites every year. Can't wait to see a full stadium too!
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ive never really understood the love a few have on here for fonua. He has ability but too error prone and his future lies in the backrow
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Warriors always seem to make us play un Storm like. And its so frustrating to watch.

Terrible way to end the half.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Agree. We get rattled by them and start to panic. But credit to Warriors they're playing out of their skin. They could have easily had another 2 or 3 tries that half but so to could we have if the ball had bounced better or we had better handling, this gane will go to the wire.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We need better completions than that! Killing me...
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Could be worse I guess. Cammy could be playing lock...
Blotto
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Storm have played below par 1st half allowing the Warriors to stay in the game especially with poor tackling, to many times the Kiwis have managed to unload in the tackle. The Warriors might think it was good to score on the halftime break, but I suspect it will have just raised Bellyaches talk at few db's and a fully awake Storm will be seen 2nd half!!
Expected a better 2nd half but the intercept and Smithy's rollocking spurred them on. not vintage Storm by a long way but the Warriors will play worse and win!
The Storms mental strength eventually got them the win against an enthusiatic and physical Warriors! Made for an intersting game Phew!!
Last edited by Blotto on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Very poor so far.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What happened to my fingernails? FMD... So close. Glad we got the points though. Tough win boys, we will be better next week I'm sure.

Chambers... You are a champion.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Well, that was a much tighter match than I expected. That was a subpar performance by the Storm but in saying that, we did well to secure the two points whilst not at our best.

Will Chambers was outstanding. It's good to see him finally beginning to receive the praise he has deserved for quite some time.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm starting to get really concerned with how we're playing. Being undefeated atm is great but its hiding some concerning parts in our game.

Anyway. I'm proud of the boys efforts tonight. This Anzac clash may be my favourite game of the season and I'm stoked to come away with the victory once again. Made it really tough on ourselves and played down to their level but when the big moments counted the Storm lifted the intensity.

Must say the officiating was once again poor for both teams.

I've already forgotten most of the game already :P
Blotto
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Good Teams don't play 100% for 80 mins most of the time. Storm are not playing their best footy but the wins are still coming, its in the Playoffs that you need them to start playing the hi quality games. I hope Storm get to Origin undefeated but hopefully won't dip as badly like last season
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That's what good teams do, they can play average and below their best and still win. We haven't been near our best all season (besides in patches) but we're still undefeated in the penthouse. Just imagine what we'll be like when we really hit our straps.....
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hoffy got the ANZAC medal, thoroughly deserved!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Does that merkin in the storm cape/flag post on here?

He was sitting in the northern end of the ground near the scoreboard.

I admire his passion for the team but he is an embarrassing representation of what storm fans are.

My thoughts on tonight:
Not concerned with Gaz leaving based on that performance
Fonua, Sisa, Juzzy, Chambers were all outstanding