Round 6 - Rabbitohs v Storm Sat 13th April. ANZ 7.30pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Obviously no surprises there this early in the week.

Storm:
1. Billy Slater
2. Sisa Waqa
3. Will Chambers
4. Tafeaga Junior Sa'u
5. Mahe Fonua
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith
10. Bryan Norrie
11. Tohu Harris
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Ryan Hinchcliffe

Interchange:
14. Jason Ryles
15. Lagi Setu
16. Siosaia Vave
17. Kevin Proctor
18. Slade Griffin
19. Kenneath Bromwich
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Big test for both teams.

Very much looking forward to facing some familiar faces.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

hard to see any of our bench players from last night missing out for setu as they were amongst our best. griffin could come in if we go for a different look with a smaller, faster utility instead of a 4th big bloke off the bench
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Sorry Sally, but gunna do a Sally - I have to say really nervous about this one.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

we play like we did in the is half against tigers... were toast
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hahahahahahaha at least u all know me now...nuh I think it's gonna be a pretty good game although I have a feeling it won't be a close one...one teams gonna run away with it
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think it will be a good game but I get more worried about the games where everyone expects us to post a cricket score against the opposition. The Tigers game is one example. Anyone recall the Raiders in Melbourne a couple of years ago? I think The Raiders were paying close to $8 and they got up!

Melbourne by 12 against the Rabbits.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Discipline and patience will win this one. Not man weaknesses for both teams so it will be up to which team is able to capitalise on mistakes.

Very confident in our defence again with Sisa returning but one think to watch out on is the kick in behind both wingers. I expect Reynolds will try to link up with Merritt multiple times throughout the match.

Should be a cracker. Can't wait.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I didn't see the bunnies struggle against the Warriors but I think the rocket that Bellamy put up their collective posteriors will see us through comfortably at the end. Tight tussle for 50 mins and then we will run rampant for the remainder of the game
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

sallymay wrote:Hahahahahahaha at least u all know me now...nuh I think it's gonna be a pretty good game although I have a feeling it won't be a close one...one teams gonna run away with it
We know your prematch nerves Sal but rest assured our boys WON`T let us down.We will beat Sth Sydney Storm.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I know Duffie's injured but I don't know why Bellamy persists with Fonua to be honest. He's a liability under the high ball. Waqa and Duffie would be my first choice wingers when fit. Failing that O'Neill to replace Fonua on the wing and leave Sau to partner Chambers...
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

LESStar58 wrote:I know Duffie's injured but I don't know why Bellamy persists with Fonua to be honest. He's a liability under the high ball. Waqa and Duffie would be my first choice wingers when fit. Failing that O'Neill to replace Fonua on the wing and leave Sau to partner Chambers...
This
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Freshy wrote:
LESStar58 wrote:I know Duffie's injured but I don't know why Bellamy persists with Fonua to be honest. He's a liability under the high ball. Waqa and Duffie would be my first choice wingers when fit. Failing that O'Neill to replace Fonua on the wing and leave Sau to partner Chambers...
This
There's a lot more to rugby league than catching a high ball, and Fonua's actually not that bad to be honest.
Duffy's great at catching a ball, but he's not half the defender or ball runner that Fonua is, and both men can score a try equally as well.
Fonua has amazing enthusiasm in everything he does. He improves every game and I firmly believe he will become one of the best wingers in the NRL.
I do agree that O'Neil is our best wing/centre option. It will be a tough decision whether to drop Sau or Fonua when he's fit
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm wrote:Fonua has amazing enthusiasm in everything he does. He improves every game and I firmly believe he will become one of the best wingers in the NRL.
I don't know if Fonua will end up one of the elite wingers in the game. I really hope he achieves that. But I do appreciate the obvious intent and effort he puts in. He ALWAYS puts his hand up for a run coming out of our own 20. I will gladly accept someone who puts his body on the line and gives his all over someone who avoids the hard work but may be slightly technically superior in some other facets. No disrespect to the Duffman, but he has not ran the ball back with any vigor in 2013, has had some bad handling and his defensive reads below par. If we are being fair, Mahe deserves to hold his spot over Duffie.

I agree, Mahe is slowly improving with each outing. I'm very happy to see Craig persisting and giving Mahe a red hot crack. I don't think he has done anything seriously wrong to warrant being dropped.

I probably wouldn't have Fonua on the wing in my top 17, but only because I like O'Neill and Waqa as the wing options. Not because I think Fonua warrants dropping.
Go Storm wrote:O'Neil is our best wing/centre option. It will be a tough decision whether to drop Sau or Fonua when he's fit
O'Neill is our best winger, Chambers is easily our best centre... IMO. Over the next few weeks, Sau and Fonua may well be playing for their positions for the rest of the year.

No matter what, I hope whoever gets the jersey each week, kills it.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

yourhero wrote:
Go Storm wrote:O'Neil is our best wing/centre option. It will be a tough decision whether to drop Sau or Fonua when he's fit
O'Neill is our best winger, Chambers is easily our best centre... IMO. Over the next few weeks, Sau and Fonua may well be playing for their positions for the rest of the year.

No matter what, I hope whoever gets the jersey each week, kills it.
That's what I meant. O'Neal's our best option whether he replaces Sau at centre or Fonua at Wing