Round 6 - Rabbitohs v Storm Sat 13th April. ANZ 7.30pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:I'd go with Tohu to lock atm. He's been really good through the middle and can handle it better. And I'd prefer to keep Kevvy on the right edge
This. Kev knows that right edge so well. He slots into the set plays with consummate ease and runs brilliant lines.

Tohu has done a magnificent job so far. I think he can continue that up the middle without taking anything away from our strong structures on the edges.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

One other player I forgot to mention who played well was Jesse Bromwich. How well is he playing? His stats from last night: 14 runs for 133 metres, 1 tackle break, 1 offload, 20 tackles, with no errors or penalties conceded.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:One other player I forgot to mention who played well was Jesse Bromwich. How well is he playing? His stats from last night: 14 runs for 133 metres, 1 tackle break, 1 offload, 20 tackles, with no errors or penalties conceded.
Jesse just gets better and better. He has the best footwork of any prop IMO and ALWAYS makes metres after first contact. We are lucky to have big Jesse.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:Sallymay the Easts Tigers have a bye, they don't play again until next Sunday.
Yep it wasn't till I tweeted mitch to say goodluck for today and his reply was I'm in melbourne that I remembered that oops
At least they can't get injured from a game...I'm sure covo will make them hurt though lol
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:
Scooter wrote:One other player I forgot to mention who played well was Jesse Bromwich. How well is he playing? His stats from last night: 14 runs for 133 metres, 1 tackle break, 1 offload, 20 tackles, with no errors or penalties conceded.
Jesse just gets better and better. He has the best footwork of any prop IMO and ALWAYS makes metres after first contact. We are lucky to have big Jesse.
Wish he was allowed to play more minutes though. Could easily play 50+ mins a week if Craig let him.

Would help out a few fantasy teams too :P
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Did anyone see Gareth bounce the ball of GIs head after scoring hes try and I think it was a little perposeful. I had to look a few times to be sure what do you think. I liked it from the young gun.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bushman wrote:Did anyone see Gareth bounce the ball of GIs head after scoring hes try and I think it was a little perposeful. I had to look a few times to be sure what do you think. I liked it from the young gun.
I noticed that to. Not sure if it was on purpose or not.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hard to say. Looked accidental at first glance but Inglis did make contact with his head in the process of Gareth scoring.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think GW was letting gi know that he didn`t approve of gi`s head tickle.( and I do mean tickle). gi was complaining about leg pulls by the Storm players BUT he did a couple himself..
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

stormy wrote:I think GW was letting gi know that he didn`t approve of gi`s head tickle.( and I do mean tickle). gi was complaining about leg pulls by the Storm players BUT he did a couple himself..
yes he certainly did, along with about 3 other of his team mates,
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

IMO while the contact may not have been anything major, there was no need for Inglis to go anywhere near his head. He scored the try and was always going to so i don't blame GW in any way shape or form for reacting the way he did. Plus it rubbed a bit more salt into the wounds so it was all good from me ;)