Storm 'D'

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

I think the reason most of these things don't work is that not many people want or need to be told when to cheer their team and if they do need a nudge there's something wrong with them! :?

For mine, I think Storm D is utter rubbish and an embarrassment to the club as a whole. And as it's been said before, it makes it sound like you're cheering for the opposition. ::)
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

A better method may be; have the crowd 'boo' at a designated time while the opposition side are making tackles, 2 or 3 in a row is bound to make the ref blow a penalty for something....that way, you're not only cheering - but you're contributing!

What the announcers need to understand, is that what works in basketball doesn't necessarily work in league - and bring back the fireworks!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

We need a cheer squad (afl style) .It gives the the ground atmosphere and colour.It is fun to be in one.Then the "D" doesn`t need to be used.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

We don't need cheer squads, all we need to do is go back to the old days of Olympic Park and just have the cow bell and Storm chants (we still have the cowbell but it doesn't have the energy like at Olympic Park). I feel the ground announcer is trying to make the crowd like a bunch of robots with Storm D (we don't need to be told when to cheer, we just do it the whole game - apart from when the opposition score). That's why I don't take any notice of Storm D at the game anymore.