Round 3 - Melbourne STORM v Canterbury Bankstown BULLDOGS

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Thought I start the topic off, by saying all the best to Zappa Steve Turner, who announced his retirement.
Loved ya when you had the Storm jersey on. Will be a killer of a game. I think the Bulldogs are still off their best, while the Storm juggernaut keeps on rolling on.
Storm by 13 points.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

would love to see him come and do a lap of honour before the game. would be a great chance for both clubs to say goodbye and thanks together
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

lima lima lima duck the Bullfilth, lima lima lima duck their grot of a captain, lima lima lima duck their fraud of a coach, lima lima lima duck their ear biting Pommy superstar who I hope never plays for St. Helens again, lima lima lima duck their thug fans and their whole disgusting culture.

I hate St.George-Illawarra more than any other team but the Bulldogs are close to lapping them. Hope we flog them on Thursday!
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Fraud of a record margin grand final winning coach? That really does not compute your just trying to make your coach seem
decent,I'd love to see him post big 3 era,or more to the point post Cameron Smith because without him your scorelines leave
a fair bit to be desired,I think we got a glimpse of Bellamy sans-Smith a few times,once in the 2008 grand final and the other
time when Bellamy was pretending to coach NSW

I hate that douche (Desmond and his ridiculous haircut,someone should remind him he isnt Donald lima lima lima duck Trump or David Gallop)
as much as the next non-dogs fan but i'd assume he isn't a fraud,he's won more premierships than Bellamy
and equal on minor premierships with him,i must admit though other than last year he has been blessed with a squad of the
best footballers to exist and be constructed legally,Bellamy on the other hand gave scrubs such as Turner and White NSW
jerseys because they were his boys,no? Neither player could ever truely be confused with a rep level player such as your
Thurstons,Smiths and Stewarts (Either brother for arguments sake),if your going to call a coach a fraud I'd start with Elliot
then focus your attention on Price followed by Sheens then Griffin(Seriously,the bloke has most of S/E QLD to work with and
the donkeys are still shithouse)

Des isn't a fraud,he's just a very bad boy

Ennis is pure filth,he only got captaincy because Bellamy gave him a blues jumper too! Thanks Craig
for your series losses you added

Graham just got hungry and it wasn't his first bite either,he bit King 4 weeks earlier but because
King ain't no koala nobody cared,some players cry more than others (Wheres that pic of Folau?)

Thug fans? i can attest to that,i've been in altercations on buses with those so called people,thankfully
i wasn't coming home from homeless stadium and we had ample maroon to give them the ole heave hoe

Hate Saints more than Manly? Really? Saints are the most jokable team ever devised,they are the quintessential
losers of the NRL era (other than that free premiership they were given,Thanks Brian you filth ridden scumkent),if you
should hate (Aka be jealous of) any team it should be the mighty Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

Anyway,incase you haven't realised it i just felt like giving the ole pot a stir,don't take every word to heart or you
might get the AIDS (Also,not serious as i don't think you get AIDS by being serious,but medical research is still in its infancy),
good luck in the ongoing season until we meet for the ole grand final where we shall win probably 22-28 and unicycles will
be given to all attendees,REJOICE!!!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

MENACING*STORM wrote:Thought I start the topic off, by saying all the best to Zappa Steve Turner, who announced his retirement.
Loved ya when you had the Storm jersey on. Will be a killer of a game. I think the Bulldogs are still off their best, while the Storm juggernaut keeps on rolling on.
Storm by 13 points.
+2. All the best to Zappa.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cherry_Poppins wrote:Fraud of a record margin grand final winning coach? That really does not compute your just trying to make your coach seem decent

I think we got a glimpse of Bellamy sans-Smith a few times,once in the 2008 grand final and the other time when Bellamy was pretending to coach NSW
You mean against a team ALLEGEDLY filled to the eyeballs with performance enhancing drugs? Yeah, you should be so proud of that victory...
Cherry_Poppins wrote:I hate that douche (Desmond and his ridiculous haircut,someone should remind him he isnt Donald *lima lima lima duck* Trump or David Gallop) as much as the next non-dogs fan
Don't you really mean as much as a Manly fan? Bitter like a 5 year old child who has his rattle taken away from him.
Cherry_Poppins wrote:Bellamy on the other hand gave scrubs such as Turner and White NSW jerseys because they were his boys,no? Neither player could ever truely be confused with a rep level player
More disgusting is the fact that he continued to give Watmough a jersey... Manly fans are quick to bash Bellamy because of no success against the greatest Origin team in history but in their next breath are happy to give Ricky Stuart a metaphoric blowjob after much the same lack of success. No beef with Ricky so skews the logic, right?
Cherry_Poppins wrote:Hate Saints more than Manly? Really?
Trust me, he doesn't speak for all Storm fans on that front. After the years of vile crap spewed by typical supporters of your club all over RL forums and particularly social media, I would gladly see the Manly team bus fall off the bridge on the way over.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Manly fans are so easy to get riled up.

Welcome back Cherry.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think the worm fans are the most sookiest in the nrl.Then dragqueens,chooks,.Good to see you posting again Chez.(your team must be winning haha).No we don`t take everything you say seriously but I`m not keen on you rubbishing our GREAT LOYAL COACH CRAIG BELLAMY.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Back to topic.Good Luck in your retirement Zappa and thanks for some great games for Storm.I think both teams will be up for this game(and the nrl have given the dogs every chance to be competitive against us with us playing 3 games in 12 days and only 1 training session before the dogs game)I am confident my CHAMPION TEAM will do us proud AGAIN...
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Billy Slater has been charged with Grade 1 Dangerous Contact (not shoulder charge) and will accept an early guilty plea meaning he will play in the round 3 clash against the Canterbury Bulldogs this Thursday.
Good news. Was never a shoulder charge, but looking more at it his elbow did make contact with the head.
Siosaia Vave has also been charged with dangerous contact (unnecessary neck/head pressure) and will miss a week despite his early guilty plea due to carry over points from a previous charge in the last 12 months.

As expected. We'll miss his impact for us, has been playing well.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote:
Cherry_Poppins wrote:Fraud of a record margin grand final winning coach? That really does not compute your just trying to make your coach seem decent

I think we got a glimpse of Bellamy sans-Smith a few times,once in the 2008 grand final and the other time when Bellamy was pretending to coach NSW
You mean against a team ALLEGEDLY filled to the eyeballs with performance enhancing drugs? Yeah, you should be so proud of that victory...
Cherry_Poppins wrote:I hate that douche (Desmond and his ridiculous haircut,someone should remind him he isnt Donald *lima lima lima duck* Trump or David Gallop) as much as the next non-dogs fan
Don't you really mean as much as a Manly fan? Bitter like a 5 year old child who has his rattle taken away from him.
Cherry_Poppins wrote:Bellamy on the other hand gave scrubs such as Turner and White NSW jerseys because they were his boys,no? Neither player could ever truely be confused with a rep level player
More disgusting is the fact that he continued to give Watmough a jersey... Manly fans are quick to bash Bellamy because of no success against the greatest Origin team in history but in their next breath are happy to give Ricky Stuart a metaphoric blowjob after much the same lack of success. No beef with Ricky so skews the logic, right?
Cherry_Poppins wrote:Hate Saints more than Manly? Really?
Trust me, he doesn't speak for all Storm fans on that front. After the years of vile crap spewed by typical supporters of your club all over RL forums and particularly social media, I would gladly see the Manly team bus fall off the bridge on the way over.

Good luck against the dogs,hope your blokes watched the Manly game and use that to belt the dogs into submission like we did the other pretenders
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I hate St. George-Illawarra for one reason; their fans. I like a handful of them (besides the ones I am related to).

Ever since 1999 when they gave up that 14-0 lead and folded like a red hot Mars bar, none of them have the good grace to admit that the better team won and that they choked. The News Limited and Bill Harrigan conspiracy theories are still abound and none of them accept that Geyer's pass to Martin was flat, are adamant that Craig Smith's penalty try should not have been awarded while refusing to blame Mundine for show boating with an unmarked Darren Treacey on his left. Some of them over at LU fume when they get shown a picture of Mundine dropping the ball over the line and even a handful blame Choc for costing them the game but the majority of them still refuse to get over it.

Any Dragons fan who claims they are over losing the 1999 Premiership are delusional. This right here is a perfect example of a Dragons fan who should be castrated with a blunt fishing knife.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZHYm3gJXrI

One of the funniest occurences of my life was going back to Hurstville with my uncle, aunt and cousins in 2004. We had been down to the 'gong for the Dragon and Broncos. I was in town for Storm Vs. Bulldogs so I went down wearing my Storm jersey. On my walk to the ground I was bailed up by some South Coast inbred type who told me I had "some nerve" to come to town wearing that jersey. I simply turned around and asked him why Mundine refused to pass the ball and he laughed at me and I just said "mate, 20-18 and 70-10. Enjoy your night."

Everything went quite well until the train ride home when it was me against a carriage full of Dragons fans led by, believe it or not, a fella who comes down here for footy quite regularly and we are now good mates (I told him this story and he laughed and said "DUDE! Was that you!? I was the ring leader! I get off at Hurstville too!") and I simply pointed out the facts and my uncle pipes up "How do you think I feel? He's my lima lima lima duck nephew. And do you know what's worse. Guess where he was born; Kogarah! And guess where he grew up; RIVERWOOD!" while my aunt desperately tried to shut him up cos I though I'd be lynched.

Then when the shit hit the fan in 2010 the Dragons fans somehow felt a sense of entitlement because hey, if we cheated Manly and Parramatta out of a premiership, we must have done the game thing 11 years previous, right?

All you have to do to get a Dragqueens fan riled up is tell that that they only have one premiership as St. George merged with Illawarra and thus what they achieved as St. George does not count under the achievements of the joint venture. It sets them right off!

I frequently put this on my uncle's wall. He has threatened me with physical violence on more than one occassion;

Bulldogs fans are just thugs in football jerseys and I liken them to Old Firm fans in Scotland; there's a subculture of Rangers and Celtic supporters who don't care about the game, they just want to go and fight and sing sectarian songs and push their political agendas. At the same time, you have groups of Bulldogs "fans" (mainly the Middle Eastern variety) who are reported to go on rampages and bash people in opposition jerseys. There's is no single cowardly subculture of people than the Lebanese Gangs who would rather gang bash you and resort to weapons rather than fight you one on one.

I laughed in the faces of the "Bulldog Army" when they came down in 2010 and started waving money at the players. One of them wanted to punch on with a Storm fan who rightly pointed out their hypocrisy given that no team has form for salary cap cheating like the Bulldogs but they were all not prepared to do anything because there were coppers all around them.

And let's not forget that no other club has dragged rugby league through the mud in recent times than Canterbury.

End rant.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I hate all non-Melbourne clubs equally.

As for fans, I'm yet to have a problem with any opposition fans.
Last week I sat right in the middle of the away team section wearing purple (because my mate's a dragons supporter and got there before me- so he chose the seats). We shared some harmless banter, but it was all humorous. A few of them even got photos of themselves with our cheer girls.
My wife and bro-inlaw are Bulldogs supporters. In 1998 we went to Belmore after the Dogs lost the GF to Broncos and had an absolute ball. It was like a Lebanese festival, and I never felt threatened once. I can only imagine what it'd been like if the Dogs had've won.
In 2011 I went to Suncorp to watch Storm beat the Broncos. We then had a ball in Caxton St and received no hostility from the locals.
The same year I went to Parra Stadium to watch that game where they had us on the ropes and we came back to steal the game. I copped a fair bit of shit then (until the final 10mins LOL), but it was all in fun and I gave as much back.
The only time I can recall truely obnoxious fans is when we play the Warriors, and sadly many of those are Storm fans throughout the rest of the year.
Many of the Kiwi fans on the Gold Coast when the Kangaroos beat them in 2011 were quite sore losers too, and I was with 3 Kiwis (incl my wife) that night too.
Whenever I travel interstate, especially in Sydney, I make sure I'm wearing either a Storm jersey or cap. To date I've only ever attracted great footy discussion, never anything negative.

I love exchanging banter with passionate opposition supporters. I have Bulldogs, Raiders, Sharks, Dragons and Warriors supporters just within my family and friends
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Oh dear,thats lima lima lima duck hilarious post of the year award already

I love that video its filled with so much hypocrisy its not even funny,did you
notice the failed subliminal messages that im guessing all saints fans are indeed
homosexual? or are they saying that Melbourne is? While I'm not a fan of purple
i think that the homophobic git who made that video should be neutered with
a rusty spoon

I come from a family of Manly or Saints fans,we of the Manly variety tell them
that Ridge wasn't held http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39MpNJ24MyU

I agree with your thoughts on Bulldogs "fans",personally i like to think its
nurture over nature,i have a mate of the same race as those you speak of
but he is catholic and detests "his" people as much as everyone else (Everyone
believes that all Lebanese are Muslims,this isn't the case but to simplify it
a Lebanese Christian is more like a regular run of the mill wog who while loud
aren't really an issue)

From what i understand of the Muslim religion is it has a seek and destroy
law which states all other religions are evil,while another popular religion
does not tell us to kill them,only that they will go to hell (Aka let God sort
them out),i'm not a racist i just hate Muslims,Hazem El Mazri might be a good
bloke but the supporters he drew have become a cancer on the club itself
which is unfortunate from a guy who by all reports is a good guy

I think that while the culture of the playing group would HAVE TO have improved
i think the subculture of the fans are a cancer upon the club itself,which i wont
lose any sleep over as they are super league scum in my view and always will be
and to be honest,Melbourne vs the cows on the weekend reminded me of my version
of the "Who gives a flying lima lima lima duck" grand final of 2012,i leaned towards Melbourne as
in real life i do not know any Melbourne fans,but i know a number of dogs fans (the
descendants of REAL bulldogs fans from the time that Muslim was thought to be a race)
in the end i haven't heard the Melbourne fan nor his dog brag about 2012s win
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think it is funny that in 2010 when the Dragons won there was on 15 clubs playing for the premiership. The only two clubs that had the team to win it that year were Storm and Dragons. The Dragons choked in 2009 when they had the team to win it, so when they did not have to play Storm in 2010, nothing was going to stop them. That is why Mark Gaisner left his huge money in France to come back to play for the basic wage. He knew the Dragons where going to win and he would finally be a premiership player.

Maybe there should be a youtube video about winning a 15 team competion.