Vave

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

With cronulla players from 2011 being threatened with possible bans, has anyone heard whether vave is in the clear? I hope so, but, just a statement saying he is all right would really put me at ease right now.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'm sure if he was named in the report, that would mean that our club had also been "referred to" in the report and would have been dragged into it already.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i hope you're right
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I was wondering about this as well. Vave was in that playing group ( at Cronulla in 2011 ) but I really hope that he isn`t involved , both for his sake and also for Storm. I really hope that there is absolutely nothing that the media can use to even remotely connect our players to this debacle.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea absentee is right. Storm would of been one of the club mentions I reckon. Should be sweet.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Camera Crew & a few snoop journos at training when I went past today,so maybe watch the 6pm news ?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ex Cronulla players at Gold Coast, Parramatta and Newcastle mentioned in latest press story.

No mention of Vave or Storm.

You'd think if Vave or Storm were even remotely connected with this event, that the media would be hammering it home.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl- ... 6592906289
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

this morning herald sun has the storm saying that they are confident he is all right
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

This whole debacle is ridiculous. According to the Foxsports article above these players are facing bans for a supplement taken in 2011 which was LEGAL in 2011, but now is not.
What a crock!!!!!!

I hope that all players fingered tell ASADA to f'off and its play-on for season 2013.

If anyone's found to be guilty of taking banned substances, when they're banned, then they should be shown a non-revolving door.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

There's a lot of rumour and trashy journo speculations. Nothing official or confirmed. The circus continues.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Anybody follow the Mole on Twitter? Apparently a club is "some chance" of having a premiership stripped. Only one of 4 teams. It will kill me if its us.
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

LESStar58 wrote:Anybody follow the Mole on Twitter? Apparently a club is "some chance" of having a premiership stripped. Only one of 4 teams. It will kill me if its us.
What makes you think it may be us? We're not one of the teams mentioned or under investigation are we?

Of the six clubs named in the report only Manly would have won a premiership in the time frame of the investigation.

So no, I don't believe for one minute it would be us, and neither should you mate, just look forward to Sunday and footy is back :)
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Phil Gould just said that this week the NRL asked ASAD in the had enough information to give them to issue breech notices to various club/players. ASAD said they do not have enough proof yet for any players/clubs to be issued with any notices. So if ASAD are telling th NRL they do not have enough proof of drug taking how can they strip any premierships.

I ASAD were hoping by saying we have evidence of drug taking and if you own up and say you and guilty you will only get a six month ban not two years. They wer hping players would own up.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 wrote:Anybody follow the Mole on Twitter? Apparently a club is "some chance" of having a premiership stripped. Only one of 4 teams. It will kill me if its us.
It'd kill all of us but in saying that i'd bet my left one and every last cent i have it's not us. If it's anyone it'll be the scum that wears maroon on the northern beaches and if it were to happen i for one wouldn't shed a tear.

That said it came from the mole and we all know he has about a 3% success rate and im probably being generous there.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

waveydavey wrote:
What makes you think it may be us? We're not one of the teams mentioned or under investigation are we?

Of the six clubs named in the report only Manly would have won a premiership in the time frame of the investigation.

So no, I don't believe for one minute it would be us, and neither should you mate, just look forward to Sunday and footy is back :)
Dude, 3 years ago we suffered a fate worse than death. I fear the worst though Manly are the team most likely. Would rather see Saints stripped of a premiership than Manly. Hate the red and white filth with every fibre of my being!