Which new recruit/young player are you most excited about?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!

Which recruit/young player are you most excited about this year?

Mahe Fonua
No votes
Tohu Harris
57%
Ben Hampton
10%
Junior Moors
5%
Junior Sa'u
No votes
Lagi Setu
19%
Kenneath Bromwich
No votes
Young Tonumaipeia
No votes
Kirisome Auva'a
5%
Slade Griffin
5%

Total votes: 21
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As usual, we have a few young players and a few recycled new recruits coming through the ranks this year. Which one are you most excited about?

Mahe Fonua
Tohu Harris
Ben Hampton
Kenny Bromwich
Lagi Setu
Junior Sa'u
Junior Moors
Kirisome Auva'a
Young Tonumaipea
Slade Griffin.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Kurt Mann!

The kid has star written all over him. Hold really high hopes for him after seeing him train in the off season and play in the trials. If he's fortunate enough to get a game or two in first grade, then I expect to see him flash his potential.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tohu Harris. Specially after watching him play 65+ minutes in the WCC. Reminds me a lot of Adam Blair when he was younger. Maybe a little bigger and quicker.

Also I'm really keen on seeing Hampton get a crack in first grade.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I would say that Tohu is definitely quicker than Blair
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

if setu can get back to the level he was at when he left the game 2 years ago he will be a gun for us
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Harris..

We've all had raps on him. Let's see if he delivers. Nice call whoever made the Adam Blair comparison.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'm interested in seeing how Ben Hampton and Kurt Mann perform at a first-grade level if either of them receive an opportunity this season. They've both got a wealth of potential and if they manage to maintain a good attitude they have the ability to become consistent first-graders.

And as most of you are, I'm also excited about Harris and watching him develop as a footballer. Hopefully he can continue to produce consistent football, particularly whilst Proctor is on the sideline through injury.
Last edited by Inglis#3 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Inglis#3 wrote:I'm interested in seeing how Ben Hampton and Kurt Mann perform at a first-grade level if either of them receive an opportunity this season. They've both got a wealth of potential and if they manage to maintain a good attitude they have the ability to become consistent first-graders. They're lucky enough to have

I'm also excited about Harris and watching him develop as a footballer. Hopefully he can continue to produce consistent football, particularly whilst Proctor is on the sideline through injury.
Yep ! I'm interested in how Ben kicks off in first grade & hopefully stays healthy but Tohu really blitzed it in the WCC.
Let's hope he uses that 'flame of fortune' as a base to build consistency on ;)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I've said it 1000 times before and ill say it 1000 times again Ben Hampton Slade Griffin Matt Mcghan Denny Solomona Tohu Harris and Jordan McLean are the future of this club all of them are gonna be huge
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

here's another one, mahe fonua or richie kennar? in an ideal world they'll both blossom into long term first graders for our club, but, which one will be better? at the moment, mahe has the inside running because he's in first grade, but, i think richie may well end up the better player.
Bay 38'er
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Had a feeling Harris would lead the way, but I'm actually surprised that Fonua hasn't had a vote, yet.