Round 1 vs St George/Illawarra Dragons

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hi Sallymay..do you know if there are any training sessions on Friday? if there is do you know what time and where please.I arrive in Melb; late on Thursday night and I`m not making any arrangements till I know if STORM are training or not.Thanks Sallymay..
Bay 38'er
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

To elaborate on what was said earlier;

Yeah, most likely, the away fans bay will be sold out and packed full of red and white. If you underestimate the passion and commitment of the Dragon Army, take a look at their numbers they brought over in 2010, here in Melbourne.

Melbourne Storm vs St George-Illawarra Dragons (Round 4)

They also brought a decent amount of supporters, maybe around 40, at the 2011 round 24 match. I was right next to them at the time and they chanted throughout the majority of the game.

Considering it's a round one game on what should be a nice, sunny Sunday arvo, it's a good excuse for them to come out and support their boys; likewise for us. We should really get our purple army going and help cheer on our boys as always!

Really looking forward to it.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Stormy I'm not sure maybe ring the club they would tell u I've been really busy at work so I haven't heard anything
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

stormy wrote:Hi Sallymay..do you know if there are any training sessions on Friday? if there is do you know what time and where please.I arrive in Melb; late on Thursday night and I`m not making any arrangements till I know if STORM are training or not.Thanks Sallymay..
Unfortunately there isn't an open training session on Friday. All trainings from here through to Sunday's game will be behind close doors.

Yesterday was the only open training session of the week.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

thanks for the info Freshy and Sallymay
Monsoon
Monsoon

Norrie OUT

Vave IN

Courtesy of the RLW Mole
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Is that just Norrie to the bench or out ? Wonder who comes in.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apparently Norris done a hammy...but maybe conspiracy lol don't have him play rd 1 but get him to rd 2 and pull someone else out
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:Storm won the competition so they also get to announce the their team last

Matt duffie plays his 50th on sunday
Congrats to Duffman on his 50th game. It has been a long wait between game 49 and 50 for him.

If Junior Moors makes his Storm debut he will also be playing his 50th NRL game. Congratulations Junior and welcome to the Storm family.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

vave was already in wasn't he, does that mean finchy is playing or maybe (I hope) kenny bromwich?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormy apparently the boys are training at 2 pm today and doing a capt run at 12 on Saturday but the cpt run in at AAMI
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:vave was already in wasn't he, does that mean finchy is playing or maybe (I hope) kenny bromwich?
Hoping Kenny too. Would be good.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bay 38'er wrote:To elaborate on what was said earlier;

Yeah, most likely, the away fans bay will be sold out and packed full of red and white. If you underestimate the passion and commitment of the Dragon Army, take a look at their numbers they brought over in 2010, here in Melbourne.

Melbourne Storm vs St George-Illawarra Dragons (Round 4)

They also brought a decent amount of supporters, maybe around 40, at the 2011 round 24 match. I was right next to them at the time and they chanted throughout the majority of the game.

Considering it's a round one game on what should be a nice, sunny Sunday arvo, it's a good excuse for them to come out and support their boys; likewise for us. We should really get our purple army going and help cheer on our boys as always!

Really looking forward to it.
I could almost count the number of Saints fans I actually like on one hand...and that's not including the ones I'm related to and have to like by default.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Game day. Yee Haa!!
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

Turtle188 wrote:Game day. Yee Haa!!
^^^ This x 1,000, 000 ^^^ :-D