Storm Supporters Gear

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Phillip Island Storm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I would like to raise something that has been bugging me for a number of years now. The issue is the quality of the supporters gear that is put in front of us by the ongoing apparel suppliers to the club. Also what the club put in the members packs.

Firstly, the members pack:
Just how many scarves do I need? I have about 6 of them now, all in excellent condition. If I add my wife to this then we have 12 scarves in our house.
The bumper stickers are gawdy and not something I want to put on my car. I would love to display something something that is Storm, but they look rubbish. Why not a classy little club colours sticker that is subliminal in nature and makes passing traffic think about what they are looking at. Like what Melbourne AFL club have.
The junkie seat cover of recent or the silly diary and all the other rubbish. I don't know what they spend on this stuff but I think they could do something better for the members.

Here is my big beef. The apparel suppliers have been putting out sub-standard jackets for us in Melbourne to wear during the cold months. My wife and I bought our jackets back in 1998 and we still wear them because everything that has come out since is not representative of our proud club colours or of a quality that protects you in all the seasons we get here in Melbourne.

The club gets a lot of revenue from merchandise sales, but most of it leaves a lot to be desired. Other NRL clubs have some fantastic supporters gear; we seem to be the poor cousins.

Any thoughts or comments?
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I wish the club would put their foot down when it comes to merchandise and supporters gear and insist on there being one and only shade of purple used. Some of the merchandise looks pink. The purple needs to be a nice rich shade and the navy needs to be really dark so the purple "pops".

I would love it one year if they could put out a members sticker that doesn't fade and peel before the season starts. The colour on mine is flaking off already, whatever colour left is fading and the edges are just now starting to curl in. Is it too much to ask to get a bit of quality into their members stuff? All you need for a members sticker - Storm logo in the middle, "MEMBER" on the left, "2013" on the right. The AFL teams seem to get it right, even if theirs have a little more to them than that.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'm also fed up with not only the quality of the members packs in recent years, but also the inconsistency of what you get in them. Some years you might get a hat, some you don't. There were seat covers last year so I expect something completely different to be given out this year. I rarely ever see anyone walking around the ground with their membership passes in those clear plastic pockets hanging off the purple things that sit around your neck. I've lost count of how many of those I've got over the years and then eventually thrown away because you end up with too many lying around. Also, not only the stickers that have gotten tacky, but the member badges have become progressively worse as well.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

The only thing I care about is the card that entitles me entry to the games. The rest I'd easily enough do without, except the sticker because it helps promote our club.
And I agree that these are progressively getting worse each year. The latest is crap. One as described by absentee would be ideal.
The caps could do with an overhaul too. I haven't collected mine yet, but if the pic is any indication it's almost identical to last year's. How about a bit more of the darker blue? I wear mine at work and its trashed in no time with so much white and purple on it.
And is too much for a children's size cap as part of a child's membership. My daughter will soon have her 3rd hat she can't wear
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't really care what u get in the members pack the only thing I want is the card that gets me in to 12 home games and access to finals tickets first
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yep have to agree, just give me the card, and then all the money that is saved in buying all the other crap can be used to reduce the price of memberships, I would appreciat that more than a note book or a calender and sticker :-\