INJURY UPDATE

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Poor bugger is having no luck at the moment. I feel really sorry for him. Hope he recovers quickly and well
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

He's off contract at the end of next year and with other wingers on the market (Marika Koroibete, Stewart Mills and Joel Reddy to name a few), I reckon the best option is to release him. He was going to be such a promising player for us but I think it's time to move on from Duffman due to all these injury setbacks.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's all well and good to release him but to that first he has to agree and then he has to find another club willing to pay him what we are, or somewhere near what we are with us topping up the balance. All highly unlikely scenarios you would think especially after this latest setback.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Next year might be his season??
He's getting a full knee reco and full shoulder reco, even though he's just come back from shoulder surgery (they must've done a quick fix and now he'll get it repaired properly).
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Chambers out.. why?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hammy.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Ok. Ty.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Chambers didn't do his hammy apparently he just felt it tighten up yesterday in the training session
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Will chambers hamstring strain Rd 13
Matthew Lodge Knee Rd 20
Matt Duffie Shoulder/Knee season
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Shit news about Will but if Bobby can step up like he did last night for the next fews weeks it'll soften the blow somewhat.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If it was just some tightening, Chambers will most likely run out this week.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm sure I saw the Storm twitter mention something is wrong with Chambers back.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storming wrote:MELBOURNE Storm winger Matt Duffie will miss the rest of the season after tearing the ACL in his left knee in his return from injury on Saturday.

Duffie suffered the injury playing in the NSW Cup at WIN Stadium, Wollongong - only minutes into his return match from a shoulder injury - while attempting to score a try against the Illawarra Cutters.

Duffie will also require a full reconstruction of that right shoulder, due to a dislocation earlier in the season in NSW Cup after he had been dropped by Melbourne Storm.

“Everyone is totally shattered for Matt, he has had absolutely no luck,“ said Melbourne Storm General Manager Football Frank Ponissi.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6647050192
Last time I will post any medical predictions on here. I said Duffie's knee didn't look too serious.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Lagi Setu Back Rd 14
Matthew Lodge Knee Rd 20
Matt Duffie Shoulder/Knee season
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

How did Slade Griffen go on the weekend? I was flicking through channels and saw Slade being helped off the ground during the Cronulla v Norths NSW Match. He came off 2nd best trying to tackle the 5,684th Burgess Brother