STORM CONTRACTED PLAYERS

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

How is it that these journos know so much about our players contracts? Aren't there confidentiality laws in this country?
And how would they know we are "walking a delicate line with the salary cap"?
The last I heard FROM MY CLUB about the cap, we had deliberately put aside a substantial amount of money for a mid-season purchase such as Dane Weston.

I doubt out tightrope is anywhere near as delicate as the ones the Roosters, Souths and Manly are walking.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How do they know we cant afford Moors when we don't even know if we'll buy a new 5/8 from outside the system or using one from within? If it's the latter then we'll obviously have a fair amount of coin to spend on other positions with the money we offered Widdop to stay. That's not to mention the rise in the cap next year of $450k so how the f*#k they say we're close to our limit i'll never know ::)
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

McGahan to Warriors is not true.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Go Storm wrote:How is it that these journos know so much about our players contracts? Aren't there confidentiality laws in this country?
the nrl is a professional sport witch means players purse/contract has to be disclosed to the commission to prove they are being paid, insurance and a lot of other reasons. I guess what your asking is how the media find out the details? my guess would be a reporter knows some1 at the commission/nrl who leaks this info to them, not sure it would be worth a players time to sue any1 over this..
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Freshy wrote:McGahan to Warriors is not true.
I was told he has been made a offer from them.. didn't say he was going
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

mattystorm1987 wrote:
Go Storm wrote:How is it that these journos know so much about our players contracts? Aren't there confidentiality laws in this country?
the nrl is a professional sport witch means players purse/contract has to be disclosed to the commission to prove they are being paid, insurance and a lot of other reasons. I guess what your asking is how the media find out the details? my guess would be a reporter knows some1 at the commission/nrl who leaks this info to them, not sure it would be worth a players time to sue any1 over this..
My guess is they speculate, assume, fabricate and imagine the numbers. Never let the truth get in the way of a marketable story.

No profession has lost it's professionalism quite like journalism.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

mattystorm1987 wrote:
It's not a stab at you, just saying he won't be going. It's been rumoured for a while now but besides the offer being made I believe there is not much interest to accept it.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Freshy wrote:
mattystorm1987 wrote:
It's not a stab at you, just saying he won't be going. It's been rumoured for a while now but besides the offer being made I believe there is not much interest to accept it.
well I hope your right cos I think his gunna be a big part of storms future
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mattystorm1987 wrote:WAQA, Sisa - end of 2012
Obviously this particular one isn't accurate... Anyone know the current state of play with Sisa's contract?

Have to keep him.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

mattystorm1987 wrote:
A leak from the NRL board? I can't imagine that. ::)

Next you'll be telling me that someone on the board leaked the news that Storm were going to be stripped of all points in 2010.
I'm sure a couple of mug punters just decided to splash huge amounts of cash on Storm winning the spoon cos it seemed a fun thing to do. I'm sure that no-one on the board had a quiet whisper to a professional gambler. :angry4:
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

certainly not when we were on top at the time, no, not them...
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Gee, the Panthers seem to be pushing players out all the time - not required going forward - but we seem to be putting in an offer that is rumoured to be lower than what the player could get at another club. I'd rather our approach because I hate the idea that a beloved player (and they are all beloved when they are actually playing in Purple) is given the arse by our club, but I'm happy for the player if they get a good deal somewhere else.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

UPDATED

AUVA'A, Kirisome - end of 2013
BLAIR, Maurice - end of 2013
BROMWICH, Jesse - end of 2015
BROMWICH, Kenneath - end of 2014
CHAMBERS, Will - end of 2017
CRONK, Cooper - end of 2016
DUFFIE, Matt - end of 2014
FINCH, Brett - end of 2013
FONUA, Mahe - end of 2014
GARBUTT, Mitch - end of 2013
GLASBY, Tim - end of 2014
GRIFFIN, Slade - end of 2014
HAMPTON, Ben - end of 2014
HARRIS, Tohu - end of 2014
HINCHCLIFFE, Ryan - end of 2016
HOFFMAN, Ryan - end of 2014
MANN, Kurt - end of 2015
MCGAHAN, Matt - end of 2013
MCLEAN, Jordan - end of 2014
MOORS, Junior - end of 2013
NORRIE, Bryan - end of 2013
O'NEILL, Justin - end of 2014
PROCTOR, Kevin - end of 2014
RYLES, Jason - end of 2013
SA'U, Junior - end of 2013
SETU, Lagi - end of 2013
SLATER, Billy - end of 2015
SMITH, Cameron (c) - end of 2014
SOLOMONA, Denny - end of 2013
TONUMAIPEA, Young - end of 2013
VAVE, Siosaia - end of 2013
WAQA, Sisa - end of 2013
WESTON, Dayne - end of 2013
WIDDOP, Gareth - end of 2013

BELLAMY, Craig - end of 2016 with a 2 year option

2013 ADDITIONS
MUNSTER, Cameron - end of 2015
LEAPAI, David - end of 2015

2013 DEPARTURES
WIDDOP, Gareth - dragons 2014 - 2017
RYLES, Jason - retired
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

fonua griffin mclean and bromwich lengths r is still all unconfirmed.. and thats ment to be 2014 additions
Last edited by mattystorm1987 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

At the moment (I know there will be more players that will sign for next year), this is a very rough indication of how the team will look for 2014:

1. Billy Slater
2. Sisa Waqa/New Recruit (don't know if we'll be able to keep Sisa, if that's the case we need to look at other clubs for options)
3. Maurice Blair (I reckon with his good form in the centres recently, he will re-sign with the Storm and become a regular in the team)
4. Will Chambers
5. Justin O'Neill
6. Ben Hampton/Matt McGahan
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith (C)
10. Jordan McLean
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Ryan Hinchcliffe

14. Slade Griffin
15. Tohu Harris