New home and away jersey for 2013

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Melbourne Storm have today confirmed that the club will wear an exciting new home and away jersey in 2013.

The new design has delivered a more powerful look, ensuring the Storm brand will be recognisable whether the boys are playing home or away next season.

Multiple design options were created, with a final choice being a result of an extensive consultative process, including significant input from the players leadership group.

The final design places a greater emphasis on the club’s signature ‘lightning bolt’, continuing the tradition of a ‘V’ on the front of both jersey’s to represent the club’s Victorian heritage.

Melbourne Storm also worked closely with major partner Crown, to incorporate their iconic logo on the front of these contemporary new look jerseys.
The club will release the design for the jersey this Saturday 1 December before it goes on sale in retail outlets the following week.

ALL fans have an EXCLUSIVE opportunity to see the design and purchase the jersey before the general public.

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news-d ... look/66324
Last edited by Inglis#3 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Pretty sneaky. Somebody asked @MelbourneStorm on Twitter a while back if there'd be a new jersey in 2013 and he said that there'd be no changes. Very excited to see the new one - even more excited to get my hands on one.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

I was very glad to read that the players were consulted and were significantly involved in the process. That certainly makes me more confident that it'll be a good design - I look forward to it being unveiled on Saturday.
Last edited by Inglis#3 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Haha good stuff. So I'm thinking less purple ?
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Inglis#3 wrote: Melbourne Storm also worked closely with major partner Crown, to incorporate their iconic logo on the front of these contemporary new look jerseys.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

MENACING*STORM wrote:
Inglis#3 wrote: Melbourne Storm also worked closely with major partner Crown, to incorporate their iconic logo on the front of these contemporary new look jerseys.
lmao, is that a junior Raiders fan passing comment? I hope the logo doesn't take ovep the front of the jersey like it has the last couple of years. More money to be spent to add to the collection we have already.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Even Raider fans want to follow the Storm!
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

MENACING*STORM wrote:
Is this the new Storm man
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I want a gold away jersey to make a comeback but with the manner in which I think the Crown logo will be incorporated in to the design I won't hold my breath.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Personally, I prefer the white - it's nice and clean.

I think we can assume a couple of things based on the new training gear. For the first time in a long time we have gold trim on the training shirts. I'm guessing the contrast stitching on KooGa's BLK jersey template (different to what we wore from 2010-12) will be gold. Also, I think silver will be eliminated. For 2010-12, silver was only on the piping for the away jersey - and Craig's coaches' gear. The coaches' shirt this year is white with gold trim. KooGa's BLK jersey template also has side panels - which I'm guessing will be navy again.

From the vague description the club has given, it sounds like a lot of the issues I've had with the 2010-12 jersey design have been addressed. I just hope it's a bit less cluttered - less lines running everywhere. No more "oh no, we forgot to include gold somewhere - oh, just add some spikes to the collar" things. Hopefully the players version and the retail version are brought closer together and look identical.

Also, I noticed the players shorts at training didn't have Makita or Harvey Norman. Makita's name is gone from the sponsor listing but Harvey Norman is still there. I wonder if we'll see someone new on board in 2013.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I wonder if any Storm fans will be picking up the new Wigan Warriors away jersey this year.

Reminds me of our media polo for 2012. Very sharp. Might pick one up.

Wouldn't look out of place in the stands at AAMI Park.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Holy crappe Absentee, for one second I thought that was our new jersey.
That jersey does have a strong Storm flavour too it. Maybe Maguire, Finch, Lima or Hoffman accidentally left their media polo behind whilst at Wigan and it was adopted by the Warriors
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Haha. Sorry. Yeah, I made a quick double take when I saw it.

One day I'd like to see us wear something like that. Very bold yet simple at the same time.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Oh, and keep an eye on this page here: http://www.goodscore.com.au/advanced_se ... 13&x=0&y=0

Good Score are pretty good with getting pictures of new gear up before any of the other sites. They now have listings for all of our 2013 gear - only without any pictures. The shirts and jackets already up are supporters gear, not KooGa items. We might not see a jersey image there before Saturday but it's possible they'll update with the rest of the catalogue soon.

On a semi-related note, I picked up one of the premiers jerseys today completely on an impulse - I actually had no intention of buying one. Turns out that it's the best fitting, best quality KooGa jersey I've worn. Better than the other special edition jerseys, which I find to be far too loose in the sleeves. Hopefully our new 2013 ones are made in the same way.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Love that Wigan jersey. Would love that to be the Storm jersey.