New home and away jersey for 2013

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I just think there's to much going on with it.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

How can they say that the V represents Victoria when the bolts aren't even white?

If the bolts were shaped properly I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Looks like i'm in the minority but i actually like it and see it as an improvement on the current jersey. Sure it's not perfect but very rarely a jersey pleases everyone and this one is no different.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i think better shaped white bolts and the back being purple would have been good. and home jersey to have crown logo without the box
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

At least the navy blue V means less purple. I never liked the previous jersey. For me, this is far better looking but the Crown box on the away jersey is annoying.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Still don't understand why they didn't fix up the crown logo on the away jersey. It was so obvious what needed to be done.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Lose the 80's Lightening Bolts and turn them into a white V. The Heritage Jersey is the Best.

http://jerseys.com.au/prod786.htm HERITAGE

http://jerseys.com.au/prod2915.htm 2012 Jersey
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

But I thought wearing these jersey would cost is games. Lol.
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

Yet again, I am fine with the 'Home' jersey but totally disappointed in the 'Away' jersey. When are we ever going to get a decent alternate? The back of the Away looks DAMN awful. May as well have jus' left it all-white. I'm sure my 4yr old nephew could design a better Away strip ???
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'm only going to look at the home jersey as I really never take any notice of away jerseys (apart from when we play away and have to wear them):

Pros:
*More navy blue and less purple is good. Navy has been far more traditional and better associated with the Storm.
*The Crown logo looks so much better blended into the navy blue.
*It's great the 'Official' new NRL logo badge makes a comeback on all the NRL jerseys and not the Telstra Premiership logo, for the first time since 2000.

Cons:
*The lightning bolts are tacky and dated, I've never been a fan of them but they have become progressively worse over the years (the 1999-2002 Fila jerseys had the bolts blend in the best, as they were almost identical to the 1998 jersey). As clubs (even AFL clubs) over the last few years have been getting rid of stylised designs and animal heads off the jumpers, the Storm still can't let go of it. They are not traditional one bit.
*What have they done to the back of the jersey??? It looks dreadful. We have had nothing on the back of jerseys for 15 years and now they decide to make it look all fancy. It won't look good with the numbers and sponsors logos at all. Also, why do clubs insist on having side panels?
*Where is the gold???

A slight improvement on the previous purple design, but it's not much better.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I was hoping for better, but I kinda like them both. And the more I look at them the more I like them.
I'm probably the only member here who doesn't hate the Crown logo being so dominant in the box. If I had any criticism regarding it I'd say it's a little too discreet on the new home jersey.
Perhaps the lightning bolts should've been angled more to fully represent a V. And then the Crown box could partially cover them. (but then everyone would complain about the box again)
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Okay, so I think I might have been a little bit harsh on the new jersey last night. I still don't love it but I am warming to it a little. I'd still like to see it in person first before picking one up. Those damn lightning bolts, though - what were they thinking? I think I just have such a clear image in my mind of how I think our jerseys should look that anything else just doesn't cut it.

So we've got this home and away pair for three years now. That means in about 18 months to two years time the club should be starting to think about changing again. By then, I want to have a solid concept drawn up, hopefully with input from other fans. If as a fan base we can come up with something we can all agree on (and let the club know what we want) they'll listen. We're the ones that'll be buying these jerseys and putting money into the club - they'd have to listen, right?

Basically, our new jersey could be a lot better - but it could also be a hell of a lot worse. I just don't want a drastic change every three years - I want a classic design that can stand the test of time. 50 years from now, I want people to look back on our history and see the same jersey being worn.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Pig ugly.
The more I look at it, the less I like it.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

I like the new home jersey I'm still undecided on the away one - I'll refrain from making a judgement till I've seen it on the boys.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:Pig ugly.
The more I look at it, the less I like it.
Agreed... Really dislike them based on those drawings. It looks like something a kid knocked up in MS Paint.

I know I am in a very small minority, but I really loved our jersey from 2012. My favourite from any year... The deep purple/navy is a far more appealing colour.

Ergh... Oh well.