2013 Fixture

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The 2013 NRL fixture is set to be released on www.nrl.com at 11am today.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

According to the smh we have the Dragons first up at home.
Melbourne v St George Illawarra at AAMI Park on Sunday, March 10.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... z2Czm3FamU
mahoobla
Squall
Squall

Lots of Thursday and Monday night home games :( not very fan friendly fixture at first glance......

In the first 20 Rounds - 9 home games - 2 Thursday, 3 Monday, 2 Sunday (one evening, one afternoon), 1 Friday and only one Saturday night (5.30).....
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

One big think I'm not happy with. Who was the idiot that gave us 2 games before origin ? We will play the Titans and Dogs without our origin players.
storm77
Squall
Squall

lima lima lima duck they hate us.

So let me get this right, after paying in England we start the season with three games in twelves days.
On top of which we play the dog's at home on a Thursday night after we play on Saturday night in NQ why the dogs play on the Thursday night in Sydney.
In rounds 10/11 we play the Roosters on a three day prep. (taking traveling into account) compared to their five day prep.
In rounds 15/16 we play back to back games on the road during origin.
These idiots are so damn incompetent it blows your mind.

I am not saying we are the only ones with issues but all any fan wants is fairness and the while you cannot please everyone all of the time the NRL draw is a joke.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Who is the handitard who thought getting us to play Manly on a Monday at AAMI is a good idea. Should be a Friday night home game... and we don't have any of those in the first 20 rounds either!

What happened to our byes pre-Origin?
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The Canadian firm who did the 'original' 2013 draw gave it too the ARLC who then spent two weeks 'tinkering with it' to make it look good ? Wonder if it looks good to Nine or the clubs that got shafted ?
Different people behind the scenes at NRL but the same crap gets wheeled out as 'benefits for the fans" ::)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

mahoobla wrote:Lots of Thursday and Monday night home games :( not very fan friendly fixture at first glance......

In the first 20 Rounds - 9 home games - 2 Thursday, 3 Monday, 2 Sunday (one evening, one afternoon), 1 Friday and only one Saturday night (5.30).....
YEP got to agree with that ! For me personally
I'm up at 5am - On the clock at Tullamarine at 6am - Then driving all day. In those 9 home games Thursday - Monday - Friday will be a struggle,which leaves only 3 from 9 games for me that are safe.
I feel REALLY sorry for those fans,(members) we have who travel long distances to home games.
And people with young kids,who will not now be going to as many games.
They are really being screwed & for what ? Getting a couple of once off office jocks to a game ?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Impossible for me to get to thursday night games.thanks nrl. :evil: NOT.I will be there for our 1st home game on the Sunday but Sat games are best for me cos I have time to get back to adelaide ready for work on Monday.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

My 5yo daughter hates going to night games. So with only Sunday 3pm games for the year I don't think I'll bother getting her Billy's Buddy's membership renewed.

As if Monday night games didn't suck enough, we've now got Thursday night games. One is Anzac Day, that's understandable (even though I don't know why we can't play during the day like the Sydney clubs do).

And origin scheduling's a joke too. Surely they should make a prediction as to which clubs will be the most heavily represented in origin and give them byes at these times.

Anyway, it is what it is, GO STORM!!!
And I will still coff up for the Billy's Buddy's membership. Good thing Finchy's on deck to help out at origin time, could be some rested players next year I reckon.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Plenty of half days off work to be organised. Luckily there's plenty of time to get in early. I don't like our draw but at least with the set fixture I can plan in advance and not have what seems a last minute rush to get time off work. That has always been the advantage of the AFL draw, you may not like it but you can plan ahead.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mahoobla wrote:Lots of Thursday and Monday night home games :( not very fan friendly fixture at first glance......

Mahoobla I have an adjustment to your split of games - 2 Thursday, 2 Monday (Tigers & Manly), 3 Sunday (one evening, two afternoon (Dragons and Knights)), 1 Friday and one Saturday 5:30.

The draw is not as bad as it initially looks on paper for families. The Monday night game v the Tigers is during school holidays, so at least the kids don't have to get up early for school the next day. One Thursday night game is Anzac Day (yes I know there will be school the next day but no school the day of the game). The Sunday night game v Sharks is the day before the Queen's Birthday Public Holiday.

I work in the city so when there are night games I go straight from work and watch a lot of the Under 20s too. But I have a 6 year old and a 4 year old and it is sometimes tough for my wife to get them in for night games. The 8pm start for the Bulldogs game seems quite late when normally Friday night games are 7:30 and Monday night games are 7pm. I assume that has something to do with the time difference between NSW/Vic and Qld and wanting to show game live in Qld or on only a 30 minute delay.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm wrote:My 5yo daughter hates going to night games. So with only Sunday 3pm games for the year I don't think I'll bother getting her Billy's Buddy's membership renewed.

As if Monday night games didn't suck enough, we've now got Thursday night games. One is Anzac Day, that's understandable (even though I don't know why we can't play during the day like the Sydney clubs do).

And origin scheduling's a joke too. Surely they should make a prediction as to which clubs will be the most heavily represented in origin and give them byes at these times.

And I will still coff up for the Billy's Buddy's membership. Good thing Finchy's on deck to help out at origin time, could be some rested players next year I reckon.
Go Storm there is no way we are going to get a day game on Anzac Day because that would mean we go head to head with Collingwood v Essendon. One of the reasons we get such a good crowd to Warriors game (apart from the droves of Kiwis who attend) is the few thousand that come over from the AFL game.

I was also surprised with having two games pre-Origin. At least Cam, Billy and Cooper wont have to back up after Origin in Round nineteen, which will give them a bit of a rest before the run into the finals.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Scooter wrote:
Go Storm wrote:My 5yo daughter hates going to night games. So with only Sunday 3pm games for the year I don't think I'll bother getting her Billy's Buddy's membership renewed.

Go Storm there is no way we are going to get a day game on Anzac Day because that would mean we go head to head with Collingwood v Essendon. One of the reasons we get such a good crowd to Warriors game (apart from the droves of Kiwis who attend) is the few thousand that come over from the AFL game.

I was also surprised with having two games pre-Origin. At least Cam, Billy and Cooper wont have to back up after Origin in Round nineteen, which will give them a bit of a rest before the run into the finals.
I hear what your saying about the clash with AFL Scooter, but I reckon it's got a lot more to do with Foxtel prefering an evening broadcast while ch9 do the daytime Sydney broadcast.
The NRL, unfortunately, is more about eyes on screens than bums on seats.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I remember in 2008 the Storm had three games before Origin with 9-10 players missing, so it's not as bad as back then. We will only have Cam, Billy and Coops missing and maybe one or two more players (Justin O'Neill or Hoffy).

I went to every home game this year (including both finals), but I can't see that happening next season with the amount of Thursday and Monday games. Seems strange we only had one Monday night game at home this year though (R25 vs Cronulla).