2013 Fixture

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I finish work at 6.30, Mondays night games were bad enough, now I have Thursdays to contend with too? Give me a break!
Brian
Squall
Squall

Great to see the Premiers getting looked after again,
Gee the short turnarounds and travel is really going to test our depth / Stamina,
Seems the New commission don't want us either
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

From a personal perspective, the draw doesn't really bother me too much. I'll be able to get to all the games and fortunately I have the flexibility to move things around if necessary. I'm pumped to have some of our bigger rivals playing here in Melbourne - last year we didn't have a Dragons or Manly game at home! I'm especially excited about Dragons first up. The turnarounds and all that related stuff sucks for the players but I'm confident our coaches and medical staff will be able to manage it properly - and especially now that we have all 20 rounds sorted up front. It is what it is. Let's get on with it.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

As a supporter I'm not particularly happy with the draw but at least with the first 20 rounds announced I can plan things out a little, much better than trying to plan a month before the game. With my work a month often isn't sufficient notice to be able to arrange time off.

Importantly though, the football department now know the schedule for games so can pre-plan how best to manage the training knowing when they'll be playing and what turn around times they'll have.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

For the life of me I can't think of any other sport competitions in the world that treats elite teams like our team so poorly. And you'd think after how superb the GF ratings were in Melbourne that channel 9 would jump on the back of that.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Personally I can't wait to see some of the younger guys play...Ben Hampton Slade Griffen ect
buza_storm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Too bad if you work afternoon shifts and do a Sunday to Thursday roster. This draw is an absolute joke...
mahoobla
Squall
Squall

Scooter wrote:
mahoobla wrote:Lots of Thursday and Monday night home games :( not very fan friendly fixture at first glance......

In the first 20 Rounds - 9 home games - 2 Thursday, 3 Monday, 2 Sunday (one evening, one afternoon), 1 Friday and only one Saturday night (5.30).....
Mahoobla I have an adjustment to your split of games - 2 Thursday, 2 Monday (Tigers & Manly), 3 Sunday (one evening, two afternoon (Dragons and Knights)), 1 Friday and one Saturday 5:30.

The draw is not as bad as it initially looks on paper for families. The Monday night game v the Tigers is during school holidays, so at least the kids don't have to get up early for school the next day. One Thursday night game is Anzac Day (yes I know there will be school the next day but no school the day of the game). The Sunday night game v Sharks is the day before the Queen's Birthday Public Holiday.

I work in the city so when there are night games I go straight from work and watch a lot of the Under 20s too. But I have a 6 year old and a 4 year old and it is sometimes tough for my wife to get them in for night games. The 8pm start for the Bulldogs game seems quite late when normally Friday night games are 7:30 and Monday night games are 7pm. I assume that has something to do with the time difference between NSW/Vic and Qld and wanting to show game live in Qld or on only a 30 minute delay.
Scooter thanks for picking up that error - I literally just had a 30 second look when they were first released and did a quick summary in my head. Still not a great draw for people like me who live an hour away from AAMI Park and have to get up at 5.30am for work. I'll be a grumpy B&%#ch without my beauty sleep especially if we lose!

Ah well - you can't please everyone. I think the club gets financial compensation for the Monday night games to make up for the lower gate takings (I assume the same would apply for the Thursday night games) - so that will make the bean counters happy (even if nobody else is!).

Bring on 2013 - I've just booked my flights to see Storm play the Broncos at Suncorp on Good Friday and I am excited (I've never been to Suncorp).

Julie
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

mahoobla wrote: Ah well - you can't please everyone.
Storm's Bellamy lashes NRL draw :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Umm yea sure ......
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Different name, same crap.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

premiership wrote:We can't win the Premiership with that draw.

What a waste of a f@## year coming up!!
Whilst I admit the 5 day breaks wont help. This is our Storm we are talking about. I have full faith in Craig and his off field team to plan for and rest players when and as required during the year. The 5 day breaks will provide more opportunity for younger players like K. Bromwich, Garbutt, Griffin and Hampton to play.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

premiership wrote:We can't win the Premiership with that draw.

What a waste of a f@## year coming up!!
sniff sniff

Is that troll poo I smell?
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Craig Bellamy shows us why he is a great coach.He is more worried about player welfare and he is willing to rest players than to put them through the rigorous workload the nrl have thrown our way so early on.Good on you Craig.