Melbourne Storm 2012 Season Review

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

^^no room for Justin O'Neal hey?? Hmmm^^
Storm4Life
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

premiership wrote:Not sure how Duffie can get back into the team. What does he offer in attack and defence??
30 tries in 49 games. I don't see any other Storm player with a better ratio.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't get how O'Neil was left off the team :S unless the writer thought he was leaving or something.
Storm4Life wrote:
premiership wrote:Not sure how Duffie can get back into the team. What does he offer in attack and defence??
30 tries in 49 games. I don't see any other Storm player with a better ratio.

Yea he just needs to learn how to defend. Rest of the team seems fine by me. I wonder how much we use Ryles next year. Would rather him have some kind of rotation and play no more than 3 games in a row. Make sure he is fit and ready come finals time. Also I would love a few more youngsters get some games.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Duffie is the best leaper in the game. He offers a genuine scoring chance on attacking bombs and is a speed machine. Only downside is his dummy half running and innefective tackling lol
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

premiership wrote:
bula wrote:Duffie is the best leaper in the game. He offers a genuine scoring chance on attacking bombs and is a speed machine. Only downside is his dummy half running and innefective tackling lol
Funny I have never seen his speed used. Never seen him beat a defence due to sheer speed.
Hasn't got the greatest accelleration, understandable due to his height but once he winds up his top end speed is impressive.
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

He needs to sort out his defence and stop running and stopping before he hits the line...

My first choice wingers would be Sisa and Mahe...then Duffie as cover...
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

scriptyx wrote:He needs to sort out his defence and stop running and stopping before he hits the line...

+ 1 =D>
Storm4Life
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

blazza18 wrote:
scriptyx wrote:He needs to sort out his defence and stop running and stopping before he hits the line...

+ 1 =D>
I'd prefer Duffie over both of them. Better under the high ball and makes less errors, also better finisher. His defence will get better when his shoulders are better. I know who Bellamy would pick if all are fully fit.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Granted I frequent LU more than here buy Fonua on the centres ahead of O'Neill? Whoever wrote that hasbeen snorting fairy dust.

My backline for next year is Slater, Waqa, chambers, O'Neill, duffy, widdop, cronk. The make up of our forward pack will be very interesting indeed.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

When are the nrl going to release 2013 fixture? I thought it was going to be late last week.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Reports are tomorrow. But reports have said many days the past few weeks lol.