Izzy quits GWS....

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Could we... ??

Should we..... ??

Would we.... ??

ooohhh it would be exciting to see him play in a Storm jersey again.

and would be almost guaranteed to pull quite a few '000 people through the gates next year.

will almost certainly go to parradoesntmatter you would think...but hey...dreams are free !
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

couldnt match what he would be asking though. we are probably the most suitable option if he wants success but with the shape he is now, and the shape he is required to be in... he wouldnt be a weapon untill he bulks a bit.

would love to see him back, but i wouldnt be sad if we said no to the huge price tag
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

WHY would you want to go to crappamatta Izzy?????????? one of the worst coaches,no room for two show ponies in the team.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think he will go to crappamatta cos he is used to playing with a team of losers.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

We don't need him, and I highly doubt his over inflated price tag will be able to fit under the salary cap. We already have an excellent backline with Duffie, Chambers, O'Neill, Waqa, Fonua and Junior Sau coming in next year.

Izzy's was a great player for us, but it's time to move on. As much as he was a prolific tryscorer and had outstanding aerial abilities, his sideline defence was his only weakness. Compared to 4-5 years ago, wingers and centres in the NRL need to have rock solid defence at all times (look at the Storm this year in the GF). If you're not up to scratch in that area, you're not going to make the cut.
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

mattstormy wrote:We don't need him, and I highly doubt his over inflated price tag will be able to fit under the salary cap. We already have an excellent backline with Duffie, Chambers, O'Neill, Waqa, Fonua and Junior Sau coming in next year.

Izzy's was a great player for us, but it's time to move on. As much as he was a prolific tryscorer and had outstanding aerial abilities, his sideline defence was his only weakness. Compared to 4-5 years ago, wingers and centres in the NRL need to have rock solid defence at all times (look at the Storm this year in the GF). If you're not up to scratch in that area, you're not going to make the cut.
This totally. 101%...
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Why would we want Izzy back ? Waste of money for anyone to buy him imo.
storm77
Squall
Squall

We are the PREMIERS .
Look I am thankful to Izzy for his time with us but the fact of the matter is that WC is a far better all-round player and JON is one of the best young back-line players in the game.
We honestly do not need him.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thanks but no thanks, that ship has well and truly sailed, great player and all but he'll be commanding a heap and the sort of money (well overs) that will be thrown at him from desperate clubs like Parra won't make him worth it.

It's all relative, while we might not get the same output from our centres/wingers that what we might from Izzy we'll also be paying ours a hell of a lot less that what Parra will be paying him so it all more than evens up. I for one was well and truly over Izzy moving on a long time ago and as much as he was a great player for the Storm i'm more than comfortable with how our list stands now and him not being a part of it, especially at his price.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The cash that GWS were paying him was insane. Our only hope is if he had been paid so much that he is no longer in need of a proper salary. I would piss Sau and Blair off for him in a second.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Folau can Fark off to rugby seeing as he likes money so much. I don't want him or Hunt back in rugby league. I don't even want $BW.

None the less, he will come back and unfortunately walk straight back in to rep teams even though there are outside backs better than him.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I don't begrudge I$$y making a return to the NRL, nor do I $BW and KHunt.
It's no different to Sailor & Tuquiri defecting to Union and then back to league. Or even Dallas Johnson & Matt King, etc going to Super League and then returning to the NRL.
As for the Storm I don't reckon we need I$$y as we have some great talent in our backline.
As for Parra. I don't think I$$y will be the player he was a couple of years ago?? He'll be extremely fit training in an AFL squad, but he'll have lost a lot of strength and explosive power too. I wonder where he's at mentally and whether he'll have a red-hot go at Parra or just coast along sharing glimpses of fame with Jarryd Hayne.
As for QLD and Australia. He'll have to earn his passage back into either of these squads.