2013 World Club Challenge vs Leeds Rhinos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think Vave and Harris have booked spots in our 17 come round 1, i also think Finch will pressure Widdop this year more than people expected.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

What a courageous victory. It was an indifferent performance from the team but you've got to put it into context, we had only played a couple of trial matches beforehand whilst Leeds are three or four games into their season.

There were a few standouts. Slater, Cronk and Smith were amongst them as you would expect but Bromwich, Vave and Harris were all impressive too. In fact, Bromwich probably played his best game in a Storm jersey.

Tohu Harris was huge, he played the full quota and was heavily involved. A debut he can be proud of.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis#3 wrote:Tohu Harris was huge, he played the full quota and was heavily involved. A debut he can be proud of.
Agreed. The Mrs teared up when I told her about his dad booking last minute flights to see his debut.

Very, very solid debut.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Well done to my Boys on a job well done - GO STORM
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis#3 wrote:Tohu Harris was huge, he played the full quota and was heavily involved. A debut he can be proud of.

I thought he played the full game, quite surprised by that. He was tremendous all game too. Definitely a debut to be proud of.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think one other thing that is being missed in all of this is that a VICTORIAN has won a title with the MELBOURNE STORM. Proud day for Mahe Fonua. I know he was quiet, but, to be fair the ball didn't go his way a lot, even in defence which surprised me. I would have attacked the O'Neill/Fonua combination far more, Leeds seemed more intent on going the more established Waqa/Chambers side to me. Oh well, not my problem lol.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just got back from the game, fecking brilliant! I've never taken this game too seriously but it was great to see the boys stick strong and get a win after being challenged a few times. Lets hope we can take some momentum into the season proper on the back of it.
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

World Champions baby!!! So proud of this club!! bring on season 2013!!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That 2nd half was scrappy. Ref let Leeds get away with murder in the ruck!
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

LESStar58 wrote:That 2nd half was scrappy. Ref let Leeds get away with murder in the ruck!

and leeds can throw 'flat' passes but ours always seemed to go forward.

leeds got 2 tries, first after a 'grapple' tackle which was all ball, the other was after the forward pass that even the rhinos stopped play afterwards

the boys need match fitness but they looked brilliant in patches. by the time the dogs game they should be in full swing.
harrigan
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Decent game guys and well played. your edge defense suffocated us. You were well worth the victory and I thought the performance was bigger than 4 points. Im not an idiot either. The ref kept us in the game and I am certain if it was 3 weeks into the season we would have struggled to get on the board.

Congrats guys. You deserved t. Not a bad game for a trail ay? ;)
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Now this puts a smile on my face Mr T and Dad

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/photog ... hinos/4550
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Thanks harrigan ;) for this post & all the others in this thread.

Hope you visit the Bai Stand during the coming NRL season.

Also hope the people,(bean counters) at the ARLC have the guts to follow through with having the next WCC in OZ !
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bourbon Rat wrote:Thanks harrigan ;) for this post & all the others in this thread.

Hope you visit the Bai Stand during the coming NRL season.

Also hope the people,(bean counters) at the ARLC have the guts to follow through with having the next WCC in OZ !

Here here.

Thanks for your contributions harrigan. Enjoy the rest of your season.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Hmm ? A cynical person would think that this News Ltd journo either had issues,or was acting out his masters issues :twisted:
MELBOURNE reclaimed another trophy that was stripped from them for salary cap abuse, with a gripping 18-14 World Club Challenge victory over Leeds in which 21-year-old Tohu Harris scored on debut.

It was 8-8 at halftime in front of a capacity 20,400 crowd at Headingley, before the Storm posted consecutive tries to streak away, the Rhinos hit back and the contest hung in the balance for the final 26 minutes.

The Storm beat Leeds for the 2010 world title but it was taken off them later that year as part of the punishment for deliberately rorting the cap.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields