2013 World Club Challenge vs Leeds Rhinos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I left a direct link to the thread,though I didn't see a 'back story' or a follow up.
Still if I put cheap bait on the hook - I catch silly fish :lol:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
harrigan
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Leeds won their final match before the WCC on Friday night too, beating Salford 42-14. Leeds were very poor though. I dont know if we had 1 eye ahead but its one of the worst performances I have seen us have in a long while. It was just a good job we were playing the worst team to ever play in the comp.

Crap quality highlights: http://www.therhinos.co.uk/matchdaytv/? ... SCzdqUtyyo

We also lost Hardaker with a suspected broken thumb. He is doubtful for the game Friday.

Confirmed out are Ben Jones-Bishop (Tumor), Ryan Bailey (knee)
Unlikely to play are Joe Vickery (Arm), Zak Hardaker (thumb)
Probables to come back this week are Jamie Peacock, Brett Delaney

We will probably line up:

Watkins
Keinhorst
Ablett
Moon
Hall
Sinfield
McGuire
Peacock
Burrow
Leuluai
Jones-Buchanan
Delaney
Clarkson/Ward

McShane
Kirke
Achurch
Clarkson/Ward

My bet is Melbourne by 18

Keinhorst isnt ready for this level and has looked very poor the last 2 weeks. Sadly, he is our 3rd string choice at right wing and it's just the way things go. Vickery was out for 6 weeks but apparently his rehab has been crazy in the last 10 days and it's give him a shot, but he's still unlikely.

Watkins actually looked very good friday when he was moved to full back so that doesnt bother me. He created 2 tried chiming into the line and the roaming that a full back does suited him.
harrigan
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Bourbon Rat wrote:I left a direct link to the thread,though I didn't see a 'back story' or a follow up.
Still if I put cheap bait on the hook - I catch silly fish :lol:
Nah, its not like a back story in that thread. It's an ongoing joke on there that some peopee only turn up when they are given freebees. It's just a p*** take though.
harrigan
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

HD Highlights from Fridays game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un4bqIIM ... T6XCtjPf2A

SLTV Interviews Paul McShane, Chris Clarkson and Jamie Jones-Buchanan after the game and they talk about Fridays WCC: http://superleague.co.uk/article/27062/ ... dy-for-wcc

In other WCC News, Zak Hardaker has been ruled out for a month but Joe Vickery looks like he will play so fingers crossed, no Keinhorst :-D Peacock and Delaney have also been passed fit.

It also sold out yesterday so a big vocal crowd will be there on Friday night.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm so pumped for this game.

Look forward in seeing who the coaching staff name for us.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

blazza18 wrote:I'm so pumped for this game.

Look forward in seeing who the coaching staff name for us.
17 blokes with STORMIN' attitude :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

The Rugby League International Federation have banned the shoulder charge from all international competitions including this week's World Club Challenge and the 2013 World Cup.
Blotto
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Bellyache will find this interview from his oppo this week a good read, worth you guys reading it!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/fe ... nald-mcrae
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

fox is reporting that leeds fullback zack hardaker is out of this game with injury, i don't know whether he is 1st choice fullback or anything like that though
harrigan
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Mattpoet wrote:fox is reporting that leeds fullback zack hardaker is out of this game with injury, i don't know whether he is 1st choice fullback or anything like that though
Not only is he our 1st choice full back, he's also 2nd choice in the country behind Sam Tomkins and made his debut at FB for England in the autumn internationals last season. Although not as explosive in attack as Sam Tomkins, a lot of people regard him as the best real full back in the country. He never drops a ball and his defence when the line is broken is the best in the league. He is also the quickest white guy I have seen in a RL jersey too.

Watkins isn't a bad replacement though and will cause you guys a lot of problems when he comes into the line. The biggest problem will be his positional play. Apart from his 40 mins at full back on Friday night, I can't remember him having a 1st grade game there before.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hmmm interesting. Just what I like to read. He should expect a good working over by Cam and Cooper. Kick to the corners early and trap him there.
harrigan
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I was down at the Shay Stadium tonight with about 1,000 other people to watch Melbourne hold an open training session. Here's a couple of vids. Click on the still to take you to the vid on my photobucket account. 1st with ball in hand:

and in defence:

Here's a few pics too,

sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That's so cool Harrigan thanks for that

I also have some sneeky news with a possible team and who will drop out I asked my friend who went to watch for a few things..how I watch training in melbourne and know who is in the team

I asked him to watch Brett Ben and cooper to see who trained at halfback the most to the least...cooper trained 80% with finchy at back up Ben Hampton sat on the bench for 80% of the training session

He also told me that Mahe and Vave also sat on the bench for a fair bit as well and Tohu Kenny and lagi were switching a swapping

My guess is Mahe Ben Vave and Lagi will drop out of the team

The team
1 Billy Slater
2 Sisa Waqa
3 Will Chambers
4 Junior Sau
5 Justin Oniell
6 Gareth Widdop
7 Cooper Cronk
8 Jesse Bromwich
9 Cameron Smith
10 Bryan Norrie
11 Tohu Harris
12 Ryan Hoffman
13 Ryan Hinchcliffe
14 Brett Finch
15 Jason Ryles
16 Junior Moors
17 Kenny Bromwich

Lets see how right it is
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wouldn't be surprised if you were right. basically, the other four could only swap in specific ways - fonua-sa'u (with mahe probably going to a wing and o'neill to centre), hampton-finch, vave/setu-moors/k.bromwich. however, i would think you are most likely spot on.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thanks scoop ;)

Really hope that is the team. I'm really excited to see Kenny and Tohu play. Massive chance for both of them.