2013 World Club Challenge vs Leeds Rhinos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storm77
Squall
Squall

I wouldn't worry to much about anything here. There was some guys who were better then others but at the end of the day we will once again be the team to beat come September.
Well except for Ryles. He was the one guy who I would not be picking come week one.
By the way if I am right and please correct me if I am not. I believe it was in 2006 when Cooper became our starting halfback and since then we have played in 5 grand finals, won 3 premierships and two WCC's.
stormingaway
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

World Champs yeah!!!

How goods that feeling!!!

Can't wait for the Storm family day and to get my photo with the 2 trophies!!!!!!!!!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

PThank you to the hospitality of the Yorkshire supporters last night. Good banter amongst Rhinos fans and also Cas and Wigan supporters becoming adopted Storm fans last night. Well done Storm
stormingaway
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I hope they produce some good memoribilia for our Premiership/World Club Challenge victories. Something like this:

http://www.graysonline.com/lot/0019-230 ... emorabilia
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Decent game guys and well played. your edge defense suffocated us. You were well worth the victory and I thought the performance was bigger than 4 points. Im not an idiot either. The ref kept us in the game and I am certain if it was 3 weeks into the season we would have struggled to get on the board.

Congrats guys. You deserved t. Not a bad game for a trail ay?
Thank you for your informative posts and good sportsmanship Harrigan, you're not too bad (for an opposition supporter anyway lol). Good luck to you and your team for this year.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thou looked like has has leaned right up. Stating the obvious when I say he should be in for a big year.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Michael :P wrote:Thou looked like has has leaned right up. Stating the obvious when I say he should be in for a big year.
That's what I was thinking also. Definitely gone through aa decent pre season
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Reading the ninemsn report on the game, I can't believe the number of comments posted still referring to cheating. Surely these people are still following a dream that NRL stands for New South Wales Rugby League. Eg. Who talks about the Bulldogs breaches any more?
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Had to laugh when the commentators were saying that one of our players wore a Kevin Sinfield top at training so they could target him - my first thought was that'd have to be Finchy wearing it:) Pay back for the keeping em awake on the flight over I reckon
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

OUCH !! Bloke really put the boot in ! Though I think his adjacent bit was just cruel
Now THAT is a real OUCH !
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I really do Sinfield as a player. But yea when he's on the big stage he really struggles. We targeted him all night and he did basically nothing.

Its one of my favourite Bellamy things to do. Target the key playmaker of the opposition.
Miggy
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

MENACING*STORM wrote:PThank you to the hospitality of the Yorkshire supporters last night. Good banter amongst Rhinos fans and also Cas and Wigan supporters becoming adopted Storm fans last night. Well done Storm
We're not adopted fans, we ARE fans. Great win :-D
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Leeds Rhinos boss Gary Hetherington believes MELBOURNE STORM have done the NRL and Australian Sport a huge service during their visit to the UK.He said the conduct and professionalism of Craig Bellamy and players before,during and after their victory will go a long way to forging a new relationship between the two competitions.He said that nearly the entire crowd stayed behind to see STORM presented with the trophy( considering most of the crowd were Rhino fans)People were estatic that STORM put their celebrations on hold after the match to give autographs and pose for photos with Leeds fans. Billy,Cammy,Coops and rest of the Storm squad won a lot of friends in Leeds.Craig Bellamy took time out to speak to amateur coaches in leeds to raise funds "Rugby League Cares"and as well as increasing knowledge at grass roots level.

THIS IS WHY I AM PROUD TO BE KNOWN AS A STORM MEMBER..
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

stormy wrote:Leeds Rhinos boss Gary Hetherington believes MELBOURNE STORM have done the NRL and Australian Sport a huge service during their visit to the UK.He said the conduct and professionalism of Craig Bellamy and players before,during and after their victory will go a long way to forging a new relationship between the two competitions.He said that nearly the entire crowd stayed behind to see STORM presented with the trophy( considering most of the crowd were Rhino fans)People were estatic that STORM put their celebrations on hold after the match to give autographs and pose for photos with Leeds fans. Billy,Cammy,Coops and rest of the Storm squad won a lot of friends in Leeds.Craig Bellamy took time out to speak to amateur coaches in leeds to raise funds "Rugby League Cares"and as well as increasing knowledge at grass roots level.

THIS IS WHY I AM PROUD TO BE KNOWN AS A STORM MEMBER..

What a wonderful post - These are the things that you don't hear about in the papers. GO STORM