Why did Cronk look so down?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

At the Allphones after party Cronk hung around at the back of the stage, barely cracked a smile when he eventually interacted with then fans at the front of the stage.

At the Pullman hotel we greeted the boys when they got off the bus after the brief after party (and i use PARTY lightly), everyone was in party mode and soaking it up. Hell even craig was high fiving me and ryles with his baby in hand too! Cronk came out and shouldered off the high fives and looked upset. I felt for the bloke because he didnt look like he was having a blast like his teammates

He looks like an introverted and humble bloke and wouldnt expect him to be as shitfaced as lowrie or proctor etc... but did anyone notice it too?
Monsoon
Monsoon

He was all business, I think he was just mentally and physically exhausted, but he is a complicated man aswell.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Maybe he was just tired and emotional.

I wouldn't be too worried.

He is signed, sealed and delivered and loves Melbourne Storm Rugby League Football Club.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
visualise-this
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I noticed this as well.. Even today he was still hanging back but I think he is just more reserved and is content in his skin knowing that he has done his job in winning the premiership. I don't think he needs to yell and scream to let people know that he is excited.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Interesting you mentioned that Nach.
At the Fan Day, he was the first one to leave.
I gave him props and gave him some skin when he walked passed.
I wouldn't say he was down but he looked like he wanted to leave all the celebrations to everyone else.

Just my opinion and not a conclusive body language summation
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

After the GF I was exhausted and very emotional,and all kinds of feelings.Our players have been to hell and back in the last 3 seasons and they will deal with it differently in their own ways.I am sure Coops is estatic, tired & emotional and would just love some quiet time to take it all in.Coops as well as all the team worked very hard this season to get this premiership.Enjoy all the accolades that come your way 2012 Premiers.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Let me begin by saying I don't know the man and the following is based 100% on opinion

I reckon Coops is an extremely committed fitness fanatic and extremely professional and competitive in all that he does, most notably his footy.
I doubt whether Coops would be a drinker, and therefore he may have felt a little out of it, and certainly looked out of it when everyone else is drinking??
Also, the mental and physical fatigue of a massive season may have taken its toll on him. After constant training, preparing, and preparing to prepare it would be very difficult to just stop after a game and switch straight into celebration mode.
As for yesterday, I doubt he'd let a little thing like winning a GF get in the way of his strict diet and weights program?? I'm sure he'll celebrate by smashing out a personal best reps of sit-ups, or bench press, etc.
Last week it was mentioned in an article that Coops flew solo at training, etc and from memory eluded to him not being mates with the team, merely acquaintances set on achieving the same goal.
I'm sure this article was taken out of context. It's probably more a case of his professionalism not allowing him to get too chummy with his teammates in case he needs to pull one into line at any stage??
When making his Clyve Churchill medal acceptance speech he did very deliberately make mention to the boys that they were his mates. I wonder if maybe there was more to that article?
Either way it seems to work for him and the club. He quite obviously is introverted, and perhaps even a little excessive-compulsive?? I just hope the man is happy. And if so, how he expresses that joy is his business.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cooper just isn't the parting type these days. His days of having a dozen beers are long gone, they came to an end when he decided to knuckle down and put all his commitment and dedication towards becoming the best football player he could be. Not to mention he would have been incredibly fatigued, both physically and mentally, he endured a very tough Origin series and being it his first starting one it would have taken it's toll.

If you haven't read Cooper Cronk's website then I recommend you do, it'll provide you with a bit of an insight into why Cooper is introverted.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

He's setting an example at all times for others.. even in his conduct to celebrate.. you don't have to get drunk to have a good time.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Champion player, wouldnt want to be stuck in a lift with him though lol
Monsoon
Monsoon

Looks pretty happy to me.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

He's happy on the football field - that's his haven.
Also, I love how we can see his premiers 07 tattoo in the first picture, he earned that premiership as did everyone else involved at the club in 07.
Last edited by Inglis#3 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How good is that top photo. Wish the camera went straight to the big 3 when the hooter went. Something special happened that night.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

the dogs players could learn alot from Coops.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Just heard on the radio that Cooper is getting his current tattoo modified so it says premiers 012.