2013 Line-up

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

just a thought

1.slater
2.o'neill
3.chambers
4.sa'u
5.duffie
6.whiddop
7.cronk
8.j.bromwich
9.finch
10.norrie
11.hoffman
12.proctor
13.smith

14.hinchcliffe
15.setu
16.ryles
17.moors
18.harris
19.k.bromwich
20.vave

they would be my top 20 going in i really dont think it matters if smith wears 9 or 13 as long his on the field.. + i think the bench looks bigger n stronger than it ever has n we still got hinch to come on n give who ever a rest.. either way bellamy has a few good head aches coming up..
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

mattystorm1987 wrote:just a thought

1.slater
2.o'neill
3.chambers
4.sa'u
5.duffie
6.whiddop
7.cronk
8.j.bromwich
9.finch
10.norrie
11.hoffman
12.proctor
13.smith

14.hinchcliffe
15.setu
16.ryles
17.moors
18.harris
19.k.bromwich
20.vave

they would be my top 20 going in i really dont think it matters if smith wears 9 or 13 as long his on the field.. + i think the bench looks bigger n stronger than it ever has n we still got hinch to come on n give who ever a rest.. either way bellamy has a few good head aches coming up..

:lol: :lol: :lol: smith lock, might move slater to the wing too, at least he will be on the field
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

smith said in a presser that he played lock most of the year when hinchy come on at hooker... n slater started on the wing in his first year
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

mattystorm1987 wrote:smith said in a presser that he played lock most of the year when hinchy come on at hooker... n slater started on the wing in his first year
until they became the best in the world at their positions, maybe even ever. would you make craig assistant coach too? he will still be coaching, and he was an assistant coach years ago.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bill started in the centres. And smith to lock ? Hmmm.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

storming wrote:
mattystorm1987 wrote:smith said in a presser that he played lock most of the year when hinchy come on at hooker... n slater started on the wing in his first year
until they became the best in the world at their positions, maybe even ever. would you make craig assistant coach too? he will still be coaching, and he was an assistant coach years ago.
what the hell r u going on about??? i said smith to lock n finch to hooker.. u have lost it.. it was just an idea.. i didnt say it was happening..
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

blazza18 wrote:Bill started in the centres. And smith to lock ? Hmmm.
Actually Billy started his Storm career at fullback. He played all the 2003 trials there and, while named at centre, started the Round 1 game against the Sharks at fullback when Robbie pulled out through injury.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Finch was only ever an average dummy half at best. Much better at first or second receiver.
As he's bulked up and slowed down he might make a useful loose forward, but put him in at hooker instead of Cam? We have at least 3 better options there.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Bill started in the centres. And smith to lock ? Hmmm.
Actually Billy started his Storm career at fullback. He played all the 2003 trials there and, while named at centre, started the Round 1 game against the Sharks at fullback when Robbie pulled out through injury.
Oh we'll there you go then haha. Great memory. He did play some centre early though yea ?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

he played 2 or games there and a game or two on the wing, might've come off the bench once or twice as well, but, mostly he's been at fullback from day dot
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ross played 5 matches in '03. I think Billy played 4 at centre and 1 on the wing.

As far as I can remember the other 219 games were at fullback!
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

KimmorleyKiller wrote:Ross played 5 matches in '03. I think Billy played 4 at centre and 1 on the wing.

As far as I can remember the other 219 games were at fullback!
According to Rugby League Tables and Stats, Billy played 5 games in the centres and 1 game on the wing in 2003, as well as 1 game on the bench in Round 13, 2006 when he came back from his 7 week suspension. Every other game in his career has been at fullback.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Another fact:

Billy's first ever game in a Storm jumper was in a trail match at the grave yard in 2003 and he played on the wing. He scored 4 tries.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

glennb wrote:Another fact:

Billy's first ever game in a Storm jumper was in a trail match at the grave yard in 2003 and he played on the wing. He scored 4 tries.
Played against a VRL Rep side. Mostly Q Cup (Brisbane Norths) and fringe 1st grade players, with a few ol' stagers. Matty was captain.

Pretty sure Billy was named at fullback for that game, not wing. He certainly played the match from fullback.

Positive it was 5 tries not 4.

:-D
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think your right it was 5 tries. But I remeber he playing outside Matty who was playing the centres and him having 5 on his back. I remember the number 5 because 5 is a special number in our family. Then again maybe my memory has got a bit hazing over the years. But I do remember the conversation I had with Billy after that game word for word and how I hoped to see him play first great and shook his hand. My kids are so sick of hearing that story!