2013 Line-up

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Are Melbourne playing left/right or Half/Five-Eigth? If its Left/Right then Cronk can sit out the shit games against
nobody teams and be replaced by basically anyone,if not then Widdop would have to take control of the team and
i'm not sure he is ready for that at the moment,the bloke in the 7 jersey would the the second reciever
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cherry_Poppins wrote:Are Melbourne playing left/right or Half/Five-Eigth?
Yes. Opposition coaches will be doing there heads in wondering this every week
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

We have confirmation that Anthony Quinn is leaving the club as he was included in the departing players video package at the Player of the Year Awards.

edit: @MelbStormRLC is now saying that he's retiring.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Brett Finch returning in 2013 has been confirmed by the club at the Player of the Year Awards.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Finch signing announced at the presentation dinner...
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:I can't remember, did we trial O'Neill at the back? Surely given some time he would be successful. That saves us stuffing around with the halves combo that is obviously well defined now.

As much as I love Finchy, I don't know if disrupting Cronk/Widdop is a good idea. How many games did we lose this year when they were in the halves? One?
Pretty sure Juzzy played fullback more than once. Vaguely recall him at the back against the Roosters in 2011...
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Congratulations Cam on another stellar season. His fifth Player of the Year award. Quite an achievement.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote:Congratulations Cam on another stellar season. His fifth Player of the Year award. Quite an achievement.
Wasn't a question,never is

Should win 10 straight thats how important he is
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Congratulations to Cam on his win and in polling 28 votes. Congrats also to Hoffy for polling 26 votes and Cooper for his third placing.

Congratulations to Mahe for being named rookie of the year.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I think some people need to go into rehab based on their predicted line-ups.

If you think Widdop is not our starting 5/8 - go there now.

If you think Waqa and Fonua aren't in great shape for starting backline spots next year - line up after the guy above.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Also Congratulations to Alex Corvo and Cooper Cronk on their Life Membership and to Frank Ponissi for winning the Michael Moore Clubperson of the Year.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Scooter wrote:Also Congratulations to Alex Corvo and Cooper Cronk on their Life Membership and to Frank Ponissi for winning the Michael Moore Clubperson of the Year.
Totally agree - how good were the speeches aswel
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

On finch.. he was brilliant at 5/8 when he was here a couple years ago.. he can cover 6 and 7 for injuries.. not sure what his current form has been like overseas..

Was there any mention at the presentation night of what finches roll might be?
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

FP just confirmed that he was coming but didn't mention what his role would be. I'm happy to see him come back, he was great for us when he was here, I'm just wondering what role he's going to play
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Finch's last year for us was outstanding and adds more attack with his passing ability to the outside backs..

Couple years on though and at 31/32.. not sure what his forms been like over there either..