SMH reported today that Norrie is retiring...

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

"while prop Bryan Norrie is walking away from the game entirely. As is Jaiman Lowe who is moving to central Queensland to work in the mines"

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sp ... 26uda.html
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah I saw that yesterday but didn't read anything into it. If it were true, Cam or Bellyache would have mentioned it at some point post-game.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

At Goshs paddock today they farewelled all the players leaving. Sika, Lowe, Rory, Dane and Fiaso all on stage. But nothing about Norrie. Also Quinn was no where and he name was not mentioned.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

glennb wrote:At Goshs paddock today they farewelled all the players leaving. Sika, Lowe, Rory, Dane and Fiaso all on stage. But nothing about Norrie. Also Quinn was no where and he name was not mentioned.
So Quinn wasn't there at all?

Does anyone remember seeing him at the after-party in Sydney?
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

It's been reported for months that Quinny is leaving the Storm (there were reports he was going back to Newcastle), but maybe the Storm might have him stick around to cover for injuries in the outside backs.

Surely he would have been at the GF with all the other players that didn't play (he's a 100+ game veteran of the club and has been a loyal servant and one of Bellyache's favourites, I'm surprised no one has seen him celebrating with the rest of the team).
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I didn't see him at the after party but I have seen a photo from inside the rooms and he was there
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

In the paper on Saturday when they gave the names of all the players and the extended bench,they said that Anthony Quinn "did not travel" so he was not at the GF at all,which seems a bit strange,so sounds like there may be a bit of bad blood and they are keeping a lid on it ?? who knows.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rose Madder wrote:In the paper on Saturday when they gave the names of all the players and the extended bench,they said that Anthony Quinn "did not travel" so he was not at the GF at all,which seems a bit strange,so sounds like there may be a bit of bad blood and they are keeping a lid on it ?? who knows.
disappointing (if true).

He was great for Storm 2007 and 2008 but has gradually been in decline.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

It is my understanding that the 20 players named travel on Wednesday and the rest of the top grade squad ie Duffie, Ryles, Blair and Quinn etc all travelled up Saturday.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As I said b4 I have seen a photo from inside the rooms after the game and quinny is in the photo
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

You have to remember Rose that this same paper told us Widdop did not travel with the team Wednesday, as he stayed in Melbourne to be at the birth of his child. But amazingly he was at the Grand final breakfast and his child was not born until Monday. I am a firm belive papers never cheat the facts, just right was sounds good.
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

glennb wrote:You have to remember Rose that this same paper told us Widdop did not travel with the team Wednesday, as he stayed in Melbourne to be at the birth of his child. But amazingly he was at the Grand final breakfast and his child was not born until Monday. I am a firm belive papers never cheat the facts, just right was sounds good.

Gareth did not travel up with the team he went up later with the blessing of his partner.