Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy poised to sign

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

routy21 wrote:I don't know if its bullsh*t or not but I was told today by someone who is close to the Dragons that Bellamy to St George in 2014 is a done deal and will be announced on the 21st of Jan.

So please don't shoot the messenger... its just what I was told. Personally, I hope its a load of cr@p.

No offence Routy, but I really hope your source is full of sh_t. To me though, I would have thought if it was a done deal CB would want it announced sooner , rather than later, to get it over with so that the team/ fans etc weren`t trying to come to terms with it closer to the season. At least if it was announced now people would have more time to deal with their disappointment before the season started.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I won't believe any rumours involving the Storm until its proven.

If Craig decides he can do no more with the team then fine. But let's just wait and see what he has to say first.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I've heard it too...sucks majorly but it's not the end
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If that is true it is disappointing news. But no one can begrudge Craig if he leaves. He has provided over a decade of great service to this club and was probably one of the main reasons we survived the salary cap scandal. Thankfully we won a "legitimate" premiership under his guidance. He might feel like a different challenge.

If he does leave then for 2014 I think either Kiddy or Kevin Walters will be promoted from within to fill the void. At least they have been raised by Craig so to speak.

Also remember that last year Cronk was going to the Dragons or the Titans or in fact he was off to any club other than the Storm. So until it is official there is always some hope that he will stay.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Who knows whats the hell is true given the false bullshit that's been fed to us in regards to players that were supposedly meant to leave us on a done deal only to announce they're staying. Why would it take another couple of weeks if it were a done deal? You'd like to think Bellyache has a bit more respect for the club, players and members/supporters to announce it if it were a done deal.

Not having a go at anyone for posting that and am certainly not shooting the messenger because there's no doubt it's what you've been told. I'm just saying as above that as we all know not all rumours are true and lets hope this one isnt as well.

For what its worth which is very little, i think he'll be here for 2014 and beyond.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I can`t imagine CB would announce he is going to the dragqueens just before he is taking our CHAMPION TEAM to uk to play in the WCC,he would want the team to be totally focussed on winning the game and not distracted by his departure in 2014.
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The Rugby League week "mole" on twitter has just said that Craig will reject the dragons offer and sign a new deal with the Storm! I'm not really sure how to post a link to twitter but he's details are below:

@RLW_Mole
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

and it's now being reported in the press!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl- ... PTlM7cayc0
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I won't believe it until the Storm themselves confirm he has signed an extension. But it could be some good news indeed.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

believe it when it's official, not before.

fox sports news is saying that cam is being considered as captain-coach, so i don't think they're too reliable
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Storm has tweeted NO decision has been made by Craig as yet
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Mole has put the mock on us with that. Craig is as good as gone!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Kast week PLW mole posted on twitter, that Craig was going to the Dragons and it would be announced on the 21.01.13. Today's Daily Telegraph said that Cam would be the captain coach of Storm with Walters/Kidwell (if they stayed after Bellamy left) would be his assitants.

First Jennings was going to the Roosters, last week he was going to the Titians and yesterday he was going to the Sharkes. Now he has signed with the Roosters. They just make things up to fill space in their pages.

Also, no body has said there is an offer from the Dragons for Craig. It said another club rumoured to be the Dragons.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Mole is notorious for getting much more wrong that he does right so i wouldn't be placing too much credence in what that numpty says. That said i'm hoping he's right this time on one of his rare occasions and i think he will be. For a few reasons reason i've always been quietly confident that Craig would stay and nothing has changed.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The day before Cronk announced he was staying, the RLW Mole tweeted that Cronk going to the Dragons was a certainty...

I have always been confident of Craig staying... but now...