Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy poised to sign

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm nutter
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

So what do we think of this consortium attempted take over?

Does anyone care that the consortium may not be from Australia, let a lone from Melbourne? Will that effect the way the club is run?

Whoever takes over ownership of our great club, I hope that News LTD or the NRL put in certain provisions that makes the new owners maintain the clubs location, colours and name.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Andrew I'maFatPrick Webster wrote:It looms as euphoric news for the Storm that is crucial to the fickle existence of the premiers on the rugby league frontier of Melbourne.
??????? P*ss off Webster.
Andrew I'maFatPrick Webster wrote:The bravest decision of all would have been for the 53-year-old coach to join St George Illawarra.
"Bravest" decision? Please... Webster makes out throughout the entire article that Bellamy's choice to remain in Melbourne (if he actually elects to do so) will somehow have a negative impact on Bellamy's long term standing in the coaches ranks... Please... Just more egotistical NSW-central garbage we have come to expect from the Daily Telecrap.

The quality of the Rugby League "journalists" we have in our game never ceases to amaze me. Have another sausage roll Webster.
storm77
Squall
Squall

Matthew Johns also came out and said Cronk was gone. He knows nothing
Actually he was the one who told everyone that CC was staying when everyone thought he was going.
storm77
Squall
Squall

Yeah I just wanted to add more to my thoughts on that AW article.
It is an incredibly insulting article when someone has the nerve to question what Craig has accomplished with the Storm while never questioning what other so called super coaches have accomplished with their teams
TS for example had: Mal, Laurie, Ricky, Gary, Fergurson, Walters, Lazarus, Coyne, Clyde and both Walters, Nagas, Wiki, Pongia, Furner and Croker while he was at Canberra. While at the Tiger's he won with another 7 origin or International players on the team.

Wayne Bennett had almost the entire Australian team at times and just about every team he coached to a premiership had a dozen also HOFers on it and his entire 2000 squad had played at O/I level. Hell even at St.George he had 15 players that had played at O/I level.

Des Hasler the same as he had something like 12 in 2008. It was about the same in 2011.

Hell even Jack won with a good 6 or more HOFer's on his teams.

You win with talent. It doesn't matter where you do it.

Craig has done it in Melbourne and his accomplishments are every bit as great as anyone else who has ever coached in this league.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That whole "fickle existence" comment gave me the arse.

Why is our existence fickle? Someone needs to tell that fat merkin that without a Melbourne team there's a lot less TV money.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

LESStar58 wrote:That whole "fickle existence" comment gave me the arse.

Why is our existence fickle? Someone needs to tell that fat merkin that without a Melbourne team there's a lot less TV money.
Let's not forget that NRL still stands for NSWRL north of the border. No team in Melbourne would make their idea of a National competition an even bigger joke than it ia already.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

any news yet?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Originally a decision was thought to be announced by Christmas. Over the past 5 weeks we have heard a decision will be before the WCC.

DT are now reporting that a decision before the WCC is unlikely.

I really hope it is just to tidy up contract clauses and the such with the Storm lawyers.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

The longer it drags on the better it is for us I reckon/hope. If he was going to the Dragqueens someone would've leaked it by now.
storm77
Squall
Squall

I actually think it has a lot to do with the whole ownership situation. Who ever NC is negotiating with want Craig to sign on first while Craig may very well want the new ownership group in place before he sign's. I don't buy that the holdup is about money as it relates to Craig's contract as much as Craig wanting to be sure that the new group is committed to doing whatever it takes to win beyond just his name on the dotted line.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

storm77 wrote:I don't buy that the holdup is about money as it relates to Craig's contract as much as Craig wanting to be sure that the new group is committed to doing whatever it takes to win beyond just his name on the dotted line.
You could be right there I reckon Storm77. If it has got anything to do with new owner he'd definately want to be sure that his decisions are the decisions made, and that the tail doesn't think it can wag the dog.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I couldn`t imagine that Craig would let the tail wag the dog.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Maybe we might find out something tomorrow?
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I don't know how to quote twitter but.....

Daily telegraph journalist Andrew Webster just tweeted:

BREAKING: Storm have announced presser tomorrow with Craig Bellamy. I'd suggest it's a contract extension.
Last edited by Freshy on Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Interesting. Contract extension would be lovely.