Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy poised to sign

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy poised to sign $1 million a season deal to extend contract with Storm

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl- ... 6480744781

Craig Bellamy has given the strongest indication yet that he will stay on as coach of Melbourne Storm - with the club poised to offer him $1 million a season to ensure he stays.

Bellamy is off-contract at the end of 2014, but talks to extend his contract are sure to crank up after Sunday's grand final against Canterbury-Bankstown at ANZ Stadium.
In a candid interview to start grand final week, the 52-year-old also revealed:
* His next contract is likely to be his last before he retires, meaning money would be a factor;
* He would find it almost impossible to coach against Storm superstars Cameron Smith, Billy Slater and Cooper Cronk
* Proving he could successfully coach at another club, like mentor Wayne Bennett, will not be a factor in his contract decision.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I hope this is right. For mine the jobs his for as long as he wants it and he`s worth every penny of what he`s apparently asking easily :-D

( Not likely to happen but it would be a great boost going in to the GF if you could announce it by Sat night Craig :wink: . )
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I hope after we win on Sunday Craig doesn`t do a "des hasler". I really want a while to celebrate winning the GF.I felt sorry for the moanly supporters last season,it turned a great celebration into a huge dissappointment for the fans.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Where`s the hat so I can make a donation to his contract?..
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

While far from 100% reliable it was reported on Sydney tv last night that he agreed to terms for another 3 years and would be announced after the GF. Could be a lot of bullshit but that's what was said, then again maybe it's true and his told the players but doesn't want it released publicly until after the GF. Who knows?
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

In my opinion if it wasn't for Bellamy, we might not have had a side to barrack for on Sunday.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I think he'll see out an extended tenure till Cam & Billy are finished theirs
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

tugga wrote:In my opinion if it wasn't for Bellamy, we might not have had a side to barrack for on Sunday.
I think you could be right Tugga.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Never fear people....The man is staying :)
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

If Craig stays it will be better than winning a GF.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hmmm maybe Stormy. Winning a premiership is massive though.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Winning a GF is indeed massive but if i had to choose between signing Bellyache for an extra 3 years on top of the 1 he's already contracted i reckon i'd take that because i have full confidence he'd get us a premiership in that time. Fortunately though we don't have to make that choice and we could very well have both anyway in the coming weeks.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Looks familiar
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

I agree it looks similar as in theres other clubs chasing him but theres a massive difference in the circumstances with manly really stuffing Hasler around by not offering him a contract early or maybe it was a crappy contract , Where is the storm board will do anything to keep Bellamy and he knows it .
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Exactly, the two situations are chalk and cheese. The simple fact is Des hated the board at Manly and the board didn't him the backing he deserved so he walked after the position became untenable. Our board have made no secret they'll do everything in their power to keep Bellyache so to compare the two ridiculous. What Des did for that club and how they treated him was shocking and i don't blame him for walking.