Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy poised to sign

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Having Bellamy would never solve their problems.

It's one thing for Bellamy to instill a new culture. But the players have to buy into it and the way in which some of the players have carried themselves just highlights the culture and attitude of the club.

They need a clean out from top to bottom and the only people who can force that are the owners. Scurrah, the coaching staff, training staff and some of the players need to go. Until then they will always under achieve.
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

http://www.news.com.au/top-stories/st-g ... 6495441898

A nothing really article - just speculation.

I get the feeling that Bellamy is out for the dollars - that he can get from Melbourne. His manager is putting the squeeze on by getting nibbles from other clubs who feel they could use a Bellamy in 2014.

I feel he will stay and good on him for playing hardball with the negotiations - the only way to define your worth is to ask the market.

I agree with Bennett that Storm and Bellamy are a good fit!
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sp ... 27fbn.html
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

From an article in the Sunday Terrorgraph
Bellamy and Storm football manager Frank Ponissi leave for Europe today to visit leading European soccer and rugby clubs.
Not a holiday trip then ;)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Will he, won't he? This whole saga reminds me of Matt Orford. I hope it doesn't work out the same way.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote:Will he, won't he? This whole saga reminds me of Matt Orford. I hope it doesn't work out the same way.
It worked out reasonably well when Ox left...all cheating aside of course.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bullucked wrote:Will he, won't he? This whole saga reminds me of Matt Orford. I hope it doesn't work out the same way.
Orford leaving Melbourne benefited both clubs involved,we got a great but aging halfback and you unearthed probably at
this very moment the best halfback in the world (Seeing that Thurston has moved to the 6 and DCE isn't playing at full potential,
which for opponents would have to be scary)

With Smith there you wont have a terrible year on the field and i'd assume he'll end up in the coaching ranks within around 8 years

The only real fear for melbourne would be nobody other than Hasler uses tactics remotely like Ol'e Martina,the team in my honest
opinion is being carried by around 5 blokes who i'd say are Smith,Slater,Cronk,Ryles and Wid-hop as Rabs calls him,the rest of the
team for years has been very meh,solid at best

Martina is a shrewd customer who makes a lot of WTF signings that we are all so used to that we see them as "Oh shit he'll be huge
for as many years as he's down there"

Look at Blair as a prime example of an utterly shit player being extremely well coached into a monster of sorts,once he was away from
Martina he has turned into the second worst signing in the NRL slightly shaded with Sandow

While i don't see Bellamy leaving Melbourne what ive seen in the papers of him speaking look freakishly similar to the Hasler saga at the
end of last year,premiership inclusive
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Cherry_Poppins wrote:
Orford leaving Melbourne benefited both clubs involved,we got a great but aging halfback and you unearthed probably at
this very moment the best halfback in the world (Seeing that Thurston has moved to the 6 and DCE isn't playing at full potential,
which for opponents would have to be scary)

With Smith there you wont have a terrible year on the field and i'd assume he'll end up in the coaching ranks within around 8 years

The only real fear for melbourne would be nobody other than Hasler uses tactics remotely like Ol'e Martina,the team in my honest
opinion is being carried by around 5 blokes who i'd say are Smith,Slater,Cronk,Ryles and Wid-hop as Rabs calls him,the rest of the
team for years has been very meh,solid at best

Martina is a shrewd customer who makes a lot of WTF signings that we are all so used to that we see them as "Oh shit he'll be huge
for as many years as he's down there"

Look at Blair as a prime example of an utterly shit player being extremely well coached into a monster of sorts,once he was away from
Martina he has turned into the second worst signing in the NRL slightly shaded with Sandow

While i don't see Bellamy leaving Melbourne what ive seen in the papers of him speaking look freakishly similar to the Hasler saga at the
end of last year,premiership inclusive
Cherry Poppins, a very well considered and composed response. Hindsight, as they say is twenty twenty vision.

Matt Orford, at the time, I thought it was terribly played out, will he stay, won't he stay, I feared for the future of our club, nobody could've possibly thought at the time how well it'd turn out. All credit must go to Cooper Cronk, shown the faith by his coach and coached to stardom by Matthew Johns, who, was a much smarter 5/8th in retirement than when he was actually playing . I must admit to booing myself horse when Orford first came back to Melbourne (Docklands) playing for the Northern Eagles (remember them!) I seem to recall Brett Kimmorley leaving under very similar circumstances. As a result of these I learnt, when reading the papers, and as much as I don't like it, where there's smoke there's fire, no matter how slight.

Cameron Smith, a coach, yes I think he has a brilliant brain (based only upon what I see on field) but generally the successful coaches are the intense, strong minded and willed people. People of the mould of Bennett and Bellamy, Stuart and Hasler and in his earlier days, Sheens, are usually more successful than the Andersons (Chris), Kearneys, Murrays et al. Cooper Cronk, if he wanted it, I'd absolutely have him for a coach.

And, geez, i hope you're wrong about the similarities between Hasler and Bellamy.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It looks nothing like what happened at Manly last year. the club loves Bellamy and wants him to stay. There isn't any bickering going on behind closed doors. If Craig leaves he will have the clubs full support. And there is no way in hell that Craig would walk out on his contract like Des did. The only comparison between the two were both coaches won a premiership heading into a year where they are a free agent. This time last year all you would hear is Des wants out and he signed with the Dogs a year out. Bellamy just turned down a huge contract at the Warriors because he is loyal.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agreed. The Bellamy/Hasler situations couldn't possibly be further apart.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think it's progressed. He will honor the final year of his contract and focus on achieving back-to-back premierships.

Then he will consider his options for the future
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

actionman
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Post deleted and user suspended for trolling.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

$6mil offer frrom the draqueens.WOW.On Today they were saying he would be there in 2013.I so hope not.there is NO other coach as good as Craig Bellamy.Not a good start for the new year
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

While I normally try to refrain...... New name for the new year troll? Your sources are who.....Peter Pan and the Beanie bear you got for Christmas? I doubt whether anybody at the club wants it to happen but in the end if it's going to it will and the club will survive. For me I'm hoping his time at the club and the love of his players will be enough to get it done for us
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I feel his love for his players and how he got them through 2010 is enough for him to stay at Storm.If he was going to the dragqueens why would he be contemplating going to uk for the WCC.
PLEASE STAY CRAIG...PLEASE STAY CRAIG..I feel it would be too hard for him to start at the dragqueens in 2013 and be ready for the season.