2012 NRL Grand Final: Melbourne Storm v Canterbury Bulldogs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well here we go again people. After all we've been through as a club it's a massive, massive effort from every single person that's played a part in getting us back into the big dance so soon. The Dogs have got through relatively easily but I for one haven't been overly impressed by the win.

Playing against a very inexperienced South Sydney side without their main playmaker for the majority of the game really flattered their performance IMO. I'll be as nervous as anything leading into the game the closer it gets but at the same time I'll be very confident that if we can produce anything near what we have in the last 2 games we'll be very hard to beat.

Bring it on.
roberttuz

we don't stand much hope against their supporters and Des Hasler
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Souths are a shambles, you could throw a blanket over them in attack and they apply 0 pressure in defence.
Sutton doesnt know what a 5/8 does and Reynolds is out.

This is probably the worst prep for the doggies if they do win. I would say that next week will be the battle of the forwards but with such dangerous and potent outside backs it will literally be a battle at every position!

The big game is a week away and watching the game with the presumption that Dogs will win tonight is making me very uneasy
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

roberttuz wrote:we don't stand much hope against their supporters and Des Hasler
To bad it's not their supporters or Hasler that decides the game.

17 on 17...Equal numbers.... So we stand a very good chance you muppet.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I dont think the refs have the guts to let Bulldogs lose, [edited on the request of the user]
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I know its hard sometimes but don't to the dickhead Freshy. Im sure everyone will read this thread from the start so let's all make a pact that we totally ignore this Karmichael for the rest of the week and don't reply to anything he says. Trolls thrive on biting and It'll piss him off more than anything when we don't ;)
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

roberttuz wrote:we don't stand much hope against their supporters and Des Hasler
Geez, having constant intimate relations with yourself must be boring.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

We got it in the bag..
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well this is interesting. Certainly the Dogs are tough. Struggled against them in both games. Will be interested in seeing what the boys have planned. Can't wait. This is our time. C'mon lads :D
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

Anything can happen in a GF, but our form and experienced players should get the job done
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Wonder if the Sydney trash media will harp on about this other grand finalist who had points stripped for being over the salary cap ::)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Dogs are favourites according to the tab man tonight. Interesting. Wonder if that changes at all.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Dogs have opened favorites. Excellent and let's hope it stays that way. I'm no too fussed about last time we got done to them, we were terrible that day not to mention they were on the end of some very favorable refs calls and the end score wasn't a true reflection of the game IMO.

I see channel 9 are starting the bullshit by saying "we understand SiKa Manu's tackle is being looked at" and showed it a few times. The truth is they'd have no *lima lima lima duck* clue what's been looked. I'm not too worried at all, he did have an arm around his neck but wasn't choking him or made any untoward movements so I can't see any way they'll rub him out.
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

nacho wrote:I dont think the refs have the guts to let Bulldogs lose, I dont think Sydney could handle another muslim riot

Comment like that could start a riot on this website. Becareful!!!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bourbon Rat wrote:Wonder if the Sydney trash media will harp on about this other grand finalist who had points stripped for being over the salary cap ::)
I'll bet my left nut they do and I don't mind at all if they do. I've always been of the belief that we thrive on the scum Sydney media taking pot shots at us and developing the siege like mentality. The very inexperienced Dogs will be hounded all week, pardon the pun and we'll be down here without the distractions and flying under the radar as Des would say.......and like