2012 NRL Grand Final: Melbourne Storm v Canterbury Bulldogs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cherry_Poppins wrote:Should've gotten a medal Slater has had that coming like forever

Seriously though, why does his international matches count? Matai was a first picked test player a few years ago and was selected by the kiwis after being suspended five matches or so but he got told tests don't count, why do they count for Graham?
Cherry I am sure David Williams doesn't think Billy had it coming. Remember when Billy remained absolutely still and cradled Williams to ensure Williams didn't do any further damage to his neck.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote:
Cherry_Poppins wrote:Should've gotten a medal Slater has had that coming like forever

Seriously though, why does his international matches count? Matai was a first picked test player a few years ago and was selected by the kiwis after being suspended five matches or so but he got told tests don't count, why do they count for Graham?
Cherry I am sure David Williams doesn't think Billy had it coming. Remember when Billy remained absolutely still and cradled Williams to ensure Williams didn't do any further damage to his neck.
Read post above this one,clearly was joking around but humor isn't a mexican tradition...
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

just a natural instinct on footy forums to attack opposition posters, you should know this by now
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cherry_Poppins wrote:
Scooter wrote:

Read post above this one,clearly was joking around but humor isn't a mexican tradition...
Hey Chez. You must acknowledge that this has been a touchy subject, and you have pre-preliminary-final been guilty of some inflammatory comments.

So, in light of this you must excuse most of us for missing the subtlety of your humour delivery.

Just put your flame suit on and hope your feathers don't get too singed (-;
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Cherry Pooping is still counting the metres Tafua made against us in the finals....-250
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cherry_Poppins wrote:
Storm Spirit wrote:
Pull your head in Cherry and play nicely.

Remember you are a visitor.
I suggest you read this,when something is said like that followed by "but seriously" its usually one of these
but i guess im not sure if you mexicans have humour

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joke
Hardly a joke... This is the standard comment offered by Slater/Storm haters on social media sites/forums/news article comments. Hiding behind "It was just a joke, geez lighten up", is a softc*ck way out.

If your idea of a joke just so happens to align perfectly with hate filled venom aimed at one of our stars, I would say your humor lacks any sophistication. To be honest though, I don't believe that to be the case. I believe it is just typical of most Manly fans ignorant, self-involved, tall poppy syndrome. Then you wimped out when called on it.

Maybe some hilarious jokes about c*ck-eyed sexual predators are right up your alley?
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

If I wanted to incite hatred I'd say forty to zip against a team a fifth over the cap breaking a long standing record for absolute failure in a grand final but I haven't said that "your zero" now have I?

League fans joke and those who can't take one shouldn't use the internet because if a joke is offensive to a softcock like you then I suggest you follow a team the world doesn't hate or get out of your mums basement and stop using her net

Also would like to report his post for allegations that that said player was aiquitted of in a court of law due to them being total bullshit

Bet I get banned for defending myself lol
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Cherry_Poppins wrote:Bet I get banned for defending myself lol
Quite possible you'd lose that bet ;D

I think the timing of your Slater banter,(?) was off in this case.
Over the last week there's been a campaign from feral Doggies along the same vein,which comically escalated into claims that Graham only bit Slater because he grabbed him on the nuts,(this very slender thread was also taken up by Graham's former 'best buddies' at St Helens),so some on this forum fired back :-\

As a Wigan RLFC fan I've been on the end of some really serious banter from keyboard heroes,(some of whom where Wigan soccer fans). I think CP that you're still looking for the right level of timing ;)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mattpoet wrote:Internationals should not count, but, he should not be allowed to captain his country either.

Did anybody else laugh hysterically at his defence? He apparently likes to pull guys close in fights and say 'not nice things to them.' The most moronic defence since Hanse Cronje's 'the devil made me do it.' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope he gets stripped of the English captaincy now, dirty grub!
How did his defence explain the blood seen by the refs?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cherry_Poppins wrote:If I wanted to incite hatred I'd say forty to zip against a team a fifth over the cap breaking a long standing record for absolute failure in a grand final but I haven't said that "your zero" now have I?
Haha, with Smith out your mob of scum had a higher paid 17 on the field. And a fifth over the cap in 2008 is an extreme exaggeration.
Cherry_Poppins wrote:League fans joke and those who can't take one shouldn't use the internet because if a joke is offensive to a softcock like you then I suggest you follow a team the world doesn't hate or get out of your mums basement and stop using her net
League fans do not joke about players "getting what they deserved" douchebag. So I guess all those Manly fans commenting on various League sites after Slater shattered his collar bone, wishing Slater had "broke his neck, not his collar bone" and about how "he thoroughly deserved it", they must have just been friendly jokes also... ::) I have no major issue with what you said really, I am used to it from Manly knobs, I take issue with you trying to attribute your comments to a "joke". At least man up and stand behind your attack... Who's the softcock again?
Cherry_Poppins wrote:Also would like to report his post for allegations that that said player was aiquitted of in a court of law due to them being total bullshit
Awwww, Sherry would like to formally report my post :lol: read what I wrote you illiterate moron.
Cherry_Poppins wrote:Bet I get banned for defending myself lol
Defending yourself? Pffft, you began the offensive with your shot at Slater. If I go on the Silvertails forum and talk about how cock-eyed Stewart "deserved" the lawsuit and the girls dad should get a medal, what kind of reaction do you think that would incite?

Don't worry, I will just tell everyone I was joking and they will all understand. If not, I'll link them to the definition of a joke ::)
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Freshy wrote:I've been holding my tongue since Sunday.

But after the burning of the Storm jersey, Graham's biting antics and now Billy copping vile abuse, I've had enough.

I popped into the Bulldogs Facebook to let some of their disgraceful fans know that their comments are crap.

I used to have a soft spot for the Dogs since I followed them before Storm was established, but now the actions of some of their supporters and players just make me hate the club.
It's called "butt hurt", Freshy...
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surandy wrote:How did his defence explain the blood seen by the refs?
In the most humorous attempt at a defence, the Bulldogs had an Australian dentist testify that Graham's teeth are somewhat "jagged" and could have accidentally grazed against Slater's ear :lol:
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Cherry, why write all that crap? All I saw was "blah blah blah, waah waah waah!"

BR was right about your poor taste comment, joke or not.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

yourhero wrote:
Surandy wrote:How did his defence explain the blood seen by the refs?
In the most humorous attempt at a defence, the Bulldogs had an Australian dentist testify that Graham's teeth are somewhat "jagged" and could have accidentally grazed against Slater's ear :lol:
Everyone that defended Graham in such an obviously poor attempt to justify his actions should be fined for bringing the game into disrepute.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Or given a contract to write a sitcom pilot, seriously, once you've conceded he's made contact with his teeth, you've conceded he's guilty based on the supporting video evidence. Surely you claim it was Stagg's fingernail when he had him in the headlock if you want to be believed by anyone.

On second thoughts, if they don't have the imagination to come up with a convincing lie, maybe they need to go back to kindergarten and learn a) the importance of telling the truth and b) some creativity.

What a bunch of cretins!