2012 NRL Grand Final: Melbourne Storm v Canterbury Bulldogs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

blazza18 wrote:2012 NRL PREMIERS - MELBOURNE STORM

What a game. What a performance. So proud of the boys. In tears as usual. This is for all the haters. Woooooohooooooooo
lima lima lima duck the haters!

Who gives a shit about them. This is for us!!!!

The players, the supporters!
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great defensive effort by the boys. They did exactly what I thought we had to to win.

The execution of the plan set out by Craig was exemplary.
staticash
Squall
Squall

Just woke up and have a massive hangover... What a night!, What a game!, What a club!, So proud of the boys ,coaching staff and everyone who wears purple proudly. Thru the ups and downs this club never ceases to amaze me, god how I love this club! STORM FOR LIFE!!!
S.W.A.S
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Good on Cougar Cronk for winning the Rothmans medal

Lol
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

COOPS saved his best kicking game for the GF..I thought ALL of my CHAMPION TEAM were AWESOME.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The most pleasing thing for me, is that EVERY single Storm player played well. As a team, it was a phenomenal performance.

You could see how much it meant to them as well. Norrie's eyes were dinner plates and smile across his face as he stood on the sideline 30 seconds before full time. Waqa punching the air and yelling.

I have been critical of Noz at times over the past couple of years but he stood up last night. I honestly think he saved the game of his career for the GF. Just kept putting his hand up. His cover tackle (with Hinchy) on Morris was outstanding.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Just arrived back from Sydney and I have to say the supporters were wonderful. Had a great time and truly AM PROUD OF EVERYONE AT STORM particularly MYSTORMBOYS
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

What an experience. Easily one of the greatest Storm game day experiences I've ever had. The people in the Storm bays were amazing - cheering, chanting and basically showing more purple pride and passion than 60,000+ Bulldogs fans combined. The sea of Storm fans waiting at Olympic Park station after the after-party were still chanting away - and again all the way to Lidcome and beyond. I don't even know how to comment on the match itself - I guess it hasn't quite settled in. I'm super happy, though - I know that much. I'm exhausted and sun-burnt but even that can't bring me down.

I got home at about 12:30 today and unfortunately haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I'll probably duck into JB Hi-Fi tomorrow to see if they have the DVD. I think there's going to be a Blu-ray version as well - but it'll be the Victory Pack released in a couple weeks time. I'll probably get that, too. These moments need to be preserved in the highest possible quality.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Just re-watched the game - and yep cried again like I did yesterday - will cry again the next time I watch. What a wonderful experience one I will remember forever GO STORM
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There was one downside to the match...

We bought 16 beers and had them stock piled in our row so we wouldnt keep going up and down making everyone stand up for us.

When hoffy scored that first try I went nuts and stomped on every single beer, not a drop was spared! it was a disaster :( I was so parched the whole night
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Usually the NRL site has the winning premiership team as their background but they still haven`t got Storm on there yet.I am going to send off a please explain email to the nrl.I WANT STORM there WE DESERVE IT.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Has anyone heard from sallymay..or is she still celebrating our great PREMIERSHIP win?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm hereeeeeee....still speechless

All can say is that this has been the best f**king year of my life...following the storm around the country and overseas this year has been amazing so much so Cameron actually called me Sal at the fan day i know crazy right I think I only actually missed 4 games all up....tomorrow is the civic reception that is Melbourne welcoming the boys home and friday is the presentation ball then it's 4 months of doing nothing working to save up for away trips and wait for 2013

STORM 2012
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

We have enjoyed your roving reporting Sal.It was a very emotional win for all Storm people.BEST FEELING EVER.Now the nrl has got their act together and are putting out a timed fixture fans will be able to plan their w/e.I will be there for our first home game.
For me I was 100% confident we were going to win this season.All season I was telling anyone who would(or wouldn`t) listen that this was OUR YEAR.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lol I think I was doing the opposite oh well make up for it now