2012 NRL Grand Final: Melbourne Storm v Canterbury Bulldogs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

They're due for a surprise then
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Was thinking the same thing ice. I see no problem in thinking your team will win. But seems like most of them don't respect us as opposition at all.
Agreed blazza, there's no problem at all thinking your team will winning but also like you said there's just very little respect for us as a team from many of them. According to them our wins against the Rabbits and Manly was because both teams played like shit and no because we were good.

Funny there's not a word from them about them smashing the Rabbits after Souths lost their main play maker for the majority of the game. ??? Up until then it was anyone's game.
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Ice, why would you even bother? Far too many imbeciles over there.
I suppose some of the responses can be amusing if you have the spare time to read them but I wouldn't take a word they say seriously.
jstephens
Squall
Squall

Don't understand why people say our two finals wins were 'easy' because Rabbitohs and Manly played terrible. We made them play terrible! We weren't lucky, it was our pressure and attacking flair throughout both games which made them play so bad and if Bulldogs don't watch out, we'll do it to them too!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Christabella wrote:Ice, why would you even bother? Far too many imbeciles over there.
I suppose some of the responses can be amusing if you have the spare time to read them but I wouldn't take a word they say seriously.

Just like seeing what the opposition fans have to say even though it gets under my skin a bit, but serves myself right for going there i spose lol
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Log on as roberttuz an' give 'em hell. LOL
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

they copy and pasted some posts from this thread making out that we are so cocky we might as well not even turn up just give us the trophy now..... they are trying for an ''us v's the world" attitude

http://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/showt ... hp?t=97965
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

:lol:

Do they actually read their own forum?
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Dogs fans are ignorant.. they've had some wins.. but Melbourne's quality will show them up.
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

simo wrote:Dogs fans are ignorant...
Some people on the Kennel are ignorant, some are very hypocritcal, but they don't represent all Dogs fans.
Most would recognise the Storm have a lot more experience, many would acknowledge your large passionate supporter base and some are aware the Bulldogs have never beaten the Storm at ANZ Stadium (don't get to play you there much but that's beside the point).
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They do make some good points in the other threads though re: gameplan against melbourne

Their strengths out wide in attack could flourish with our ''up and in" defensive style and could exploit inexperience on the wings of sisa and juzzy

I know we have the pace to match their outside backs but do those players also possess the superior skill needed to get the wood on their doggies counterparts? The realist in me says that Perrett will have an advantage over the still raw Sisa. Wright v Juzzy are a fair match up, Chambers v Inu may cause us a few headaches unless Chambers continues to avoid shooting in so much and Morris v Nielson will put Danger's defense to the test.

Also some good points raised worth thinking about is the unknown feeling on what its like to be in a huge match away from the fortress of AAMI Park. 80,000+ fans screaming against them, no chance to warm up on the arena and never played there this year area. all factors which COULD potentially affect the performances of new comers Juzzy, Sisa, Whiddop, Norrie, Bromwhich, Proctor, Richie and Lowe. Lets hope these ''virgins'' dont lose their cool and become overwhelmed.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Experience in the big dance is a factor. Players from Melbourne that played in the 2009 Grand Final and likely to play this Sunday are:
Billy Slater
Will Chambers
Dane Nielsen
Cooper Cronk
Cameron Smith
Ryan Hoffman
Ryan Hinchcliffe

Those that played the same day and won in the Toyota Cup:
Gareth Widdop
Justin O'Neill
Jesse Bromwich
Kevin Proctor

So 11 players out of the squad have not only been to the biggest game of the year (in their respective groups) but also won. Not sure what players from the Dogs have Grand Final experience, but I'm pretty happy with the experience in our squad.
jstephens
Squall
Squall

While it was on a much smaller scale, I think the whole squad showed they can win under pressure against the Sharks only 5 weeks ago.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

our game plan is a lot simpler then theirs, they have more room for errors and penalties. if they give us errors and penalties it will be the same result as rabbits and manly, we dominate!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Looks to be a false alarm regarding Will Chambers. According to the tweety he "skipped onto the bus" and showed "no signs of hamstring discomfort".