2012 NRL Grand Final: Melbourne Storm v Canterbury Bulldogs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Anyone attend training session today, who can provide an update? Did everyone train or were some like Sisa kept separate for part/all?
Monsoon
Monsoon

Ryles has been completely ruled out, Waqa is a good chance but not certain, Dane's hamstring is fine. Team named today will be finalised Thursday.
jstephens
Squall
Squall

I was at training today, boys trained well. There was a fitness-testing group going on at the start, Hoffman was in it briefly but looked fine, Nielsen was doing a bit of running and didn't look too bad although I didn't see him or Will Chambers training with the boys later on (Maybe the two centres weren't needed and were doing somehtin else), and to be honest I didn't see Chambers training much at all, but I was in a corner and there was a large group on the other side so he might have been in that. Didn't see Ryles at all and Sisa trained fine, was in the fitness-testing group for the majority but joined the boys later as they did a match simulation thing. Mahe and Quinn both trained with the team as opposed to Kostjasyn who trained on the reserves side in the match simulation. I did notice that one reserve, not sure who, limped off early with what looked to be a bad ankle injury.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm:
1. Billy Slater
2. Sisa Waqa
3. Dane Nielsen
4. Will Chambers
5. Justin O'Neill
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith
10. Bryan Norrie
11. Sika Manu
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Todd Lowrie

Interchange:
14. Ryan Hinchcliffe
15. Kevin Proctor
16. Jaiman Lowe
17. Richie Fa'aoso
18. Rory Kostjasyn
19. Mahe Fonua
20. Siosaia Vave
21. Anthony Quinn

Once again Bellyache is giving us nothin :lol:
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1 - 17 as named will play, barring any further injury.

Bad luck to those who miss out. Particularly Ryles whose been sensational this year. As for Mahe - if he does miss out - he's got plenty of years left to get another chance.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Storm claim underdog tag ::)
More of dat sneaky Sydney media stuff - Storm 'under' da dogs - They wish :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
jstephens
Squall
Squall

If you've got the time tomorrow try and get out to AAMI Park at 12.30 or the Airport at 1pm to farewell the boys, let's try and get a crowd there and send them on their way with added support!
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Can't make it to Sydney, so hoping to wish the boys Arrivederci/ Au Revoir / Shalom / Adios / Yasou / Ba Bye / at AAMI Park :swav:

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news-d ... inal/64495

Farewell the team as they travel to the NRL Grand Final to take on the Canterbury Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium.
Where to say goodbye...

Wednesday 26 September
AAMI Park
Outside Gate F (bus will pass there on the way to airport)
12:30pm sharp

Melbourne Airport
QANTAS Departures
1:00pm

Sydney Airport
QANTAS Arrivals
3:25pm
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Bourbon Rat wrote:Storm claim underdog tag ::)
More of dat sneaky Sydney media stuff - Storm 'under' da dogs - They wish :twisted:
Let Des be the 'underdog'. Who gives a lima lima lima duck?

We are the Storm and were number 1!!!! No underdogs here!!!!! Storm will smash 'em!!!!!!!!!!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought it was all going too smoothly :cry: Lets really hope he pulls up ok.

WILL Chambers shot to the top of Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy's Grand Final priority list yesterday after the red-hot centre left training early when he felt a twinge in his delicate left hamstring.

Chambers was outstanding in Storm's preliminary final win over Manly which was his first game back following a three-week lay off because of a hamstring strain suffered in Round 25.

He grabbed at his leg after running drills, was seen by the team physio, ordered straight into the changerooms, and he didn't return. The 24-year-old, who has scored 13 tries this year, was named last night by Bellamy in the team for Sunday.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'm sure he will be fine.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Man.. I hope Will is OK.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hopefully he just went off as a precaution.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Geez there's no shortage of cocky Dogs fans over at the Kennel. Might as well put their name on the trophy now the way many of them are talking it up.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Was thinking the same thing ice. I see no problem in thinking your team will win. But seems like most of them don't respect us as opposition at all.