Share your grand final plans

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Car hire $130 from Sat to Tues morning, drive up Sat night with naps included & back from Mon arvo same thing, overnight stay in cheap hotel about 5k from the ground $99. Petrol shouldn't cost too much(ish) so all in all for four people it's a damn bargain :-D
We're going!!! ;D
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Good luck and happy travels to all Storm fans attending the Big Day.
After watching the boys kick off 2012 on a cold rainy afternoon at Canberra and then again on a balmy Friday evening in Brisbane, my travel funds have dried up for 2012, so can't make it to Sydney. I'll be cheering the boys from the comfort of my loungeroom with hopefully a rack of ribs on the BBQ.

I am hoping to farewell the lads from either AAMI Park or Melbourne Airport (depending on which day it is).
I will be enjoying the lead up to the Grand Final. COME ON YOU STORM!!!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Go Storm wrote:Hey Absentee, keep the jersey you've got and pay off 2013 membership in installments. If I had the slightest opportunity to go I would be there in a heartbeat. But unfortunately I've just recently started a traineeship which currently has me on 1/3rd of my regular pay and struggling.
This is an opportunity to enjoy a moment you'll never forget
I've done my research with a couple of contingencies so if on Monday when the tickets go on sale I decide to jump in, at least I'll be ready.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I reckon you will go Absentee..I think you have talked yourself into it.GO AND ENJOY..
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

We need as many there as possible. Dogs or bunnies will have massive support there.
jstephens
Squall
Squall

For those who haven't bought tickets yet, how are you all buying them? (online/phone/store)
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Flights done, hotel done (city centre). Tickets depends on category. Maximum of 2 tickets per membership (even family memberships only get 2 tickets by the looks). Keep in mind we'll be fighting AFL as well. So if Adelaide wins it'll be quiet. If Hawthorn wins, a bit busy.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Is the club, BaiStand, SPA, NRL (yeah right), anyone arranging bus(es) for Storm members next week? Airfares are ridiculous!!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Can`t believe the cost of flights from adel-syd would cost nearly $1300 for hubby and I to get flights.If I lived in Melbourne I would hire a coach and advertise for any Storm supporters to join "The STORM EXPRESS"at a cheaper cost.I really enjoyed the experience in 99.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Unfortunately I don't think we will be able to make it for a number of reasons. My wife works Sunday mornings (although from 3am to noon), the cost would be huge for flights, accom etc with an (almost) 6 year old and a 4 year old. Plus would be a long day for the kids.

So anyway we are having at least a couple of friends around to watch. One of them is someone who watched the Sharks MNF game from home and said she wanted to come to to the first final. Her and her boyfriend came to Souths final (unfortunately they were in Qld on Fri and couldn't come to Manly game) and are looking at joining as members next year.

I was able to make the two Grand finals v Manly. But will be at home this year, so hopefully it will be like 2009 v Eels when my wife went running down our court with our Storm flag after we won and not like 2006 when I nearly jumped through the roof when Harrigan disallowed Matt King's try.

Just on a side note my 4 year old fell asleep at AAMI Park on Friday night during the warm up and slept through the entire match. Not sure how she managed to do that with 25k fans yelling and screaming.
jstephens
Squall
Squall

Does anyone know what aisle's are allocated for Storm supporters yet?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah im in need of section information for storm fans.

Also 1 membership = 1 afterparty tickets, what the lima lima lima duck? If we get 2 tickets per membership then surely it should be 2 afterparty tickets too!
jstephens
Squall
Squall

jstephens wrote:Does anyone know what aisle's are allocated for Storm supporters yet?
Is it category 4?
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Think the allocation is cat 2 / cat 3 ?
This seating plan is marked Cat A - B - C - D ?
That's
A = 1
B = 2
C = 3
D = 4
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote:Yeah im in need of section information for storm fans.

Also 1 membership = 1 afterparty tickets, what the *lima lima lima duck*? If we get 2 tickets per membership then surely it should be 2 afterparty tickets too!

At least we can still get guests in Nacho for 10 bucks extra. I'm sure plenty will remember back in 07 and 08 when they had the after party in the much smaller venue and even many members couldn't get in which was just bullshit.

I know tickets dont go on sale until tomorrow but you'd still think the NRL would've sent all the ticketing details out by now because like most i'm really wanting to know what areas we've been allocated.